Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Since buying my 1800 C and finding this site, I have learned so much about my bike, riding and VTX's in general. Thank you to all those who have participated and given advice (joking or otherwise) and had fun with all of us. I wish you all a Happy and Holy Christmas and a Safe, Happy and Prosperous 2009.
I have never "met" a community of people who are so committed to the ideals espoused here. You are simply "The Best".

:congrats::bowdown:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Just think no one gets paid here:dontknow:

Have a merry X_MAS:grin:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Same to you, Merry Christmas!! How is it having Christmas during the summer time down there? Must be weird!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Same to you my friend seems like we could all get along if we tried a little doesn't it :dontknow:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same to you, Merry Christmas!! How is it having Christmas during the summer time down there? Must be weird!

Nah not wierd. We do the same things as you guys except it's hotter. We get together and drink lotsa beer and stuff and have a good time with family and friends and eat way too much. Only problem is it's too hot to ride comfortably so we tend to limit trips in summer.

I watched Green Bay Packers play Chicago Bears yesterday on the television and it was in single figures throughout the game. Too flamin' cold for me to be sitting outside and freezing my bits off. I thought the Packers were a little hard done by getting beaten the way they did tho. Sorry if you're a Bears fan but man they didn't play well enough the whole game to get the points.

I'm currently in Melbourne at my son's house for Christmas. My daughter is here as well and it'll be the first Xmas the four of us have been together for some years. Our daughter came home from Europe in October so i'm a little excited about having Xmas together as a family again. Just so you know Melbourne is 24 hours drive south of where I live.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
..and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family and all the great people down under..Bud..

·
Old Goat
26,218 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
My son went to Australia for his senior year in HS. He loved it. I hope to go there with him for a visit in the next few years. I think he was around Sydney.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
...I watched Green Bay Packers play Chicago Bears yesterday on the television and it was in single figures throughout the game. Too flamin' cold for me to be sitting outside and freezing my bits off. I thought the Packers were a little hard done by getting beaten the way they did tho. Sorry if you're a Bears fan but man they didn't play well enough the whole game to get the points.
You're right, but if the Packers had put that game away during regulation, it wouldn't have come down to an overtime field goal. It didn't mean anything to Green Bay anyway, as they were out of the Playoffs a week ago. Bears will be one and done as well, no matter who they end up playing, if they even make it at all. Well, unless they play Arizona in the first round. We all know the Bears can beat Arizona...

:wink: :wink: :wink:

And yes, for those that have never experienced single digit (and negative digit) cold, there's nothing like it. I've lived in Florida and South Carolina and I spent more than a week in Tennessee, in what I understand was one of the hottest, stickiest summers on record and the cold up here is absolutely brutal! It takes a special kind of crazy to tolerate it. Although, if I could convince the wife to move, I'd be out of here in a second! My wife's parents lived here for 3/4 of their lives and only moved to Tennessee ten years ago or so and every year they come up here for Christmas and spend two weeks repeating crap like, "I don't know how y'all stand it up here! I sure couldn't live here anymore!" Hmph!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have lived, played and worked in the cold my whole life. At 54 I am glad I have an office job now...I hope to retire someday and go south somewhere for the winter. I will keep at least one of my two homes in Idaho for summer. The summers are great here, June -September and the riding is awesome.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My son went to Australia for his senior year in HS. He loved it. I hope to go there with him for a visit in the next few years. I think he was around Sydney.

Happy Holidays!
Let me know when you get here. If possible we could meet.

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
I watched Green Bay Packers play Chicago Bears yesterday on the television and it was in single figures throughout the game. Too flamin' cold for me to be sitting outside and freezing my bits off. I thought the Packers were a little hard done by getting beaten the way they did tho. Sorry if you're a Bears fan but man they didn't play well enough the whole game to get the points..
I remember that day, I was outside in shorts. Yes, I wear shorts all year here in Chicago. About the only time I wear pants is if it is snowing or when I am riding the bike. You'll never see me in shorts when on my motorcycle(but a few have seen me in a kilt when on my motorcycle ) 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
A Kilt while on a bike? When you pass other biker do they wave, or just point? That's a picture I really don't want to think about.:?

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
It's really easy, you just sit on the kilt and tuck it under you. You also, do NOT go commando you wear bike shorts so as not to scare the lasses ;)

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
And Spike, U also almost always wear sleeve less shirts ;);)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts