Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new resonators from Michael. They are awesome. I went with the Big 3's because I love the look. I was happy with the sound, but as a few have said before, they weren't quite as deep as I wanted.

The new resonators are a little louder at idle (not a lot), but the cool thing is they are much deeper. That is what I was after.

Oh yeah, quick delivery as well. I must be lucky bc my previous baffles came out in about 30 seconds each with no wd40 or anything else.

Thanks Michael! I love them. If you have Big 3's...GET THESE TODAY!!!

Now if I could just find some mirrors that I like to replace the stock square mirrors...it never ends.

NL
(I have no ties to Michael nor does he even know me)

http://vtxresonator.com/

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ouch, :shock:

So do the baffles make the pipes even louder or just deeper?

I'm getting my pipes on wednesday but I forgot to order gaskets so I will be waiting to get those before I get to install the pipes.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Mike's04VTX1300R said:

I'm getting my pipes on wednesday but I forgot to order gaskets so I will be waiting to get those before I get to install the pipes.
Well Mike, in a way, both.
The resonator removes the harsh, blatty tones, giving the bike a much deeper, lower tone. The volume is probably increased a little. But, since the obnoxious tones are removed, it doesn't seem to be that much louder.

Kinda like when you have too much treble cranked up on your sound system, it hurts the ears at any volume. Crank down the treble and mid tones. Add a little bass and it evens out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm still working on installing the resonators in that stock system. I should have a sound file or two on youtube this weekend! I have them all gutted just trying to make the time to set em up.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
meta355 said:
I'm still working on installing the resonators in that stock system. I should have a sound file or two on youtube this weekend! I have them all gutted just trying to make the time to set em up.
KEWL!

Are you doing step-by-step pics?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Mike's04VTX1300R said:

just pick up a set of gaskets at napa part #f7283

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say it makes them 'a little' louder, but not a lot. As Michael says, it gets rid of the 'blatty' sound.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Dude, regarding your comment about replacing your mirrors, I replaced mine prior to the wreck with the oval type that had smoked mirrors. The mirrors got scratched in the wreck and Biddy gave me a set of stock mirrors. I am so glad that I have them back to stock. The ovals are much smaller than the stock mirrors. And they vibrated quite a bit.
Yeah the stockers look kinda boring, but you sure can see lots more behind you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts