Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some dimensions for the one piece riser from vtxrisers.com? I think it is 61/2" long, 2 1/2" wide and 1 3/4" tall. But the picture looks as tall as wide.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has this riser on their bike and can help me out?
I know alot of people on here have bought them, everyone complains of the delay getting them.

Help a brother out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help Gerdy. I really appreciate it.

You happy with the riser? Did you do a seat mod also?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
No one has this riser on their bike and can help me out?
I know alot of people on here have bought them, everyone complains of the delay getting them.

Help a brother out!
I've spoken out against VTXRisers quite a few times because of their wait time, and lack of customer service. But to post someone's design specs is classless. If you want to make some, design them yourself. Don't piggyback someone else's design. Just my .02.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've spoken out against VTXRisers quite a few times because of their wait time, and lack of customer service. But to post someone's design specs is classless. If you want to make some, design them yourself. Don't piggyback someone else's design. Just my .02.

I hope you aren't stealing his design but George's riser has unique shape. I agree Hick, make your own mousetrap and don't be like the Chi-coms and steal stuff. That is what I like about Hick and his stuff.....he saw a need and made his own stuff and it is quality just like his service!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your .02 cents are useless to me. I am not stealing his idea. I wanted to know how tall the riser was to give the 1 3/4" rise. I had already estimate the demensions from the photos. I've looked at many things and take the things I like or remove the things I don't like from each and make what I want. Why should I reinvent the wheel, to please you? I am not mass producing them or selling them. Give me a break. With that logic I should have a round garage because my neighbors is square.

What's the old saying??? imitation is the highest form of flattery

·
Registered
721 Posts
I am happy with the riser and quality but like Hick said about the service. I am not sure if he is still making them? I have 1800 seat on my bike and happy with the results.....my .02

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had 1800C seat mod done by Mean City with supreme mod and really happy with results.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Hey Hick,

I apologize for lashing out at you. Just kinda hit me wrong.
No apology needed. I wasn't really trying to single you out, but I suppose I did. I'm a bit touchy on this subject. I was mainly pointing out that putting the info out there on a public forum is kind of crappy. There are a few of us small time vendors out here who try to design good products for all of the riders out there. But when someone starts posting dimensions and such for our parts, it gives the unscrupulous the info they need to copy OUR designs that we have put OUR time and money into designing. That kind of stuff makes us not want to waste our time designing anything for the riders out there for fear of being ripped off time and again.

George's customer service and business skills as a whole leave a lot to be desired, and I don't believe any product is worth a 4 month+ wait with no response from the company about the progress of your order, but it is still his design, and it should remain as such until such a time as he decides not to do business anymore.

Again, just my .02, and the mindless ramblings of a fellow businessman.

·
Registered
721 Posts
No apology needed. I wasn't really trying to single you out, but I suppose I did. I'm a bit touchy on this subject. I was mainly pointing out that putting the info out there on a public forum is kind of crappy. There are a few of us small time vendors out here who try to design good products for all of the riders out there. But when someone starts posting dimensions and such for our parts, it gives the unscrupulous the info they need to copy OUR designs that we have put OUR time and money into designing. That kind of stuff makes us not want to waste our time designing anything for the riders out there for fear of being ripped off time and again.

George's customer service and business skills as a whole leave a lot to be desired, and I don't believe any product is worth a 4 month+ wait with no response from the company about the progress of your order, but it is still his design, and it should remain as such until such a time as he decides not to do business anymore.

Again, just my .02, and the mindless ramblings of a fellow businessman.

I guess my bad too Hick..............I support you and Glenn whenever I can and would rather buy from small business than foreign makers anytime...I will take your secrets to my grave!:oops::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I see what you mean Hick....intellectual property is not protected anymore and that is a shame because people steal designs all the time and make them cheap overseas and cut the rug out from under people here. I am waiting for my Hick Bogie Signals for the front or whatever you are calling them....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
I see what you mean Hick....intellectual property is not protected anymore and that is a shame because people steal designs all the time and make them cheap overseas and cut the rug out from under people here. I am waiting for my Hick Bogie Signals for the front or whatever you are calling them....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

But dated design documentation is protected.

BTW, the Nudie Bar preorder is just a few days out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good luck taking a foreign company to court and here you better have deep pockets and a great attorney to have a chance.

Bring on the Nudies! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about??? Ever heard of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?

Hick, did you invent the A/F screw? I know of two other people who sell them. Did you invent the Clutch Relief? At least another person sells it. Who's to say who invented it first without a Patent? Just because someone brings something to market first does not give them rights to it's design. Hick, I not trying to knock you down. I love your products and have two of your products on my bike. But as a consumer I'm putting my money down on the highest quality part at the best price with the best customer service.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about??? Ever heard of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?

Hick, did you invent the A/F screw? I know of two other people who sell them. Did you invent the Clutch Relief? At least another person sells it. Who's to say who invented it first without a Patent? Just because someone brings something to market first does not give them rights to it's design. Hick, I not trying to knock you down. I love your products and have two of your products on my bike. But as a consumer I'm putting my money down on the highest quality part at the best price with the best customer service.
Yes, I did design my products. Factory Pro makes an A/F screw too. (Not sure who this other company is who is making a replacement A/F screw.) They released it WAY after ours came out. They also made sure to make THEIR OWN design to avoid infringement. Same with the CTR. Our design is completely different from the similar product offered by Glen's VTX Garage. The link I posted was a DIRECT COPY. That is infringement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts