Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks –

I’m looking to acquire – as cheaply as possible – a complete stock exhaust system for VTX1300-C. The system does not need to be pristine as it’s going to be sliced-and-diced, but the heat shields would be nice to have anyway.

I looking into fabricating a complete custom exhaust system based upon the OEM design pattern, so I need to do this on the cheap.

If anyone has the OEM system laying around that they would be willing to part with, I’ll gladly pay the freight. I just hope that you don’t need too much compensation for the original exhaust system, as I’m trying to do this project on a very strict budget.

Please PM me so we might strike up a deal and help you clear the old system out of your storage area.

Thanks

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Excuse me Joe, but your header states 1800C but yer post says 1300C, Im kornfused. Oh and good luck with the project, are pics to follow. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you do infact need a 1300c I have a set you can have for shipping costs only. Call it a pay it forward.

They were on the bike when I bought it but had been dropped and scratched so the dealer gave me a new pull off set. The scratched ones are what you can have. I drilled them for the Clayton Mod but they do look decent.

let me know
Pablo

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Folks –

I’m looking to acquire – as cheaply as possible – a complete stock exhaust system for VTX1300-C. The system does not need to be pristine as it’s going to be sliced-and-diced, but the heat shields would be nice to have anyway.

I looking into fabricating a complete custom exhaust system based upon the OEM design pattern, so I need to do this on the cheap.

If anyone has the OEM system laying around that they would be willing to part with, I’ll gladly pay the freight. I just hope that you don’t need too much compensation for the original exhaust system, as I’m trying to do this project on a very strict budget.

Please PM me so we might strike up a deal and help you clear the old system out of your storage area.

Thanks
I have 1300C complete exhaust you can have, no charge.
Just let me know how you want it shipped. nojoke

PM sent...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response, Pablo and Dave.

Dave, I'll take you up on the pipes. I've responded to your PM.

Don't be too confused, Phil. I have a project in mind and I want to see if I can get it to work. I'm looking at doing a 2-into-1 system for a 1300-C, but need the 1800-C system as a base. It's easier to start with mostly pre-bent pieces when working with the stainless steel head pipes.

I'll take pix as I make progress and post them if the project turns out as I need it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts