Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read where some of the guys here have done this mod already.I will be useing a relay.One side of the relay will connect to the batery.Which circuit would be the best one for the other side of the relay?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I used the second diagram,typical light bar wiring.........................:smile: Rod

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The images above are from here

http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/foglites.html

if you want to read more about it.

I used that, the BLUE with White Trace wire to trigger my relay so they're always on if the headlight is on (ie off when key is off, off when cranking to start, on with both high and low beams)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wally World driving lights w/relay Question

I wired my lights using the directions supplied, double checked everything, but noticed something odd. I installed a switch inline with the trigger wire (blue/white stripe in red plug in the headlamp housing.) Rattlebars.com wiring diagram.

If I start the bike with the driving lights switched on, they do go out (as they should) when the starter is engaged. However, they will not come back on until you cycle the switch for the driving lights, or switch the lights from bright to dim. Maybe I've overlooked something, and got something out of place, but I can't figure it out.

It has to be in the trigger wire / relay side, because everything works fine if you do not start the bike up.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wally World driving lights w/relay Question

Also to add to the below description, when cycling the switch, I have to wait 3-5 secs for the relay reset. Could it just be a long cycle relay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts