Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for handlebar risers to get my handlebars closer. I ride a 2006 VTX1800S.
I have found several that should fit, but would feel better buying one that has an owner's testimonial.
Any recommendations or warnings will be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Earl. These look really nice. Will I be able to use the stock cables with these risers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Earl, When I looked to see if these risers would fit my 06 1800S, it said they don't fit. I check again for the 03 1800R and S and once again it shows No Fit.
Is your bike either an R or S and did you have any issues installing the risers?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
These are only 7/16 bolt...My 1300 takes 1/2"....Is the 1800 smaller??....! have same risers with the 1/2" thread.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Well.....certain SAE size wrenches can be used on metric heads and vicey-versey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My stock risers have 12mm fine-pitch threads.
I thought all Hondas used metric units, am I wrong?
Nope...Your right.....I had to enlarge holes slightly to use the 1/2" risers on my C......Thats why Im confused...the 7/16" risers would be way to loose in the 12mm holes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2003 S model is set up with a set of 39" wide Longhorn Handle Bars and a set of 2005 NEO risers.
I utilized the one piece Riser Cap to keep the look.....very comfortable and works great for me!!!

Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took Earl's advice and ordered the risers. I did have to slightly enlarge the holes in the triple tree in order to accept the 1/2" bolts.
It really changed the relationship between the handlebars and windshield. It gave me more room for my handlebar mounted speakers and other accessories.
I also like the new feel of making the bars higher and slightly closer.
It has been a bit cold here in Virginia so I have only ridden a few miles, but everything feels tight, secure, and comfortable. I like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts