Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been throwing around the idea off and on for a while. I like the VTX and the power that it puts out (haven't found a stock harley that can beat it).

Question: Is there any place that makes replacement parts for where there are the VTX or Honda logos on the bike, like down on the engine or front turn signal bar?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not

Not trying to hide that its a Honda (in fact I'm very proud of that fact).
I like the no logo look. Plus the bike that I have looks like its a custom bike, you could say that I like fool people. And have them tell me what a nice custom bike it is, and then watch their face when I tell them its a Honda VTX 1800.

QUOTE=revrat;3945305]Are you trying to hide the fact that its a Honda vtx or just like the look of the no logo?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not trying to hide that its a Honda (in fact I'm very proud of that fact).
I like the no logo look. Plus the bike that I have looks like its a custom bike, you could say that I like fool people. And have them tell me what a nice custom bike it is, and then watch their face when I tell them its a Honda VTX 1800.

QUOTE=revrat;3945305]Are you trying to hide the fact that its a Honda vtx or just like the look of the no logo?
[/QUOTE]

I'm mighty proud of my Honda too !!! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Mine does not have any name anywhere on the bike that can be found. Lots of fun watching people from afar walking around it looking closely trying to figure out what it is. Years ago some company sold a chrome thin disk that stuck to the engine and covered that logo you speak of. After market turn signals took care of the other you mention.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine only says Honda on the side of the engine....all badges have been removed. It's amazing how many people come up and either say (the uninitiated) "Is that a Harley?" or ask what kind of bike it is. You don't see a lot of VTX's around here; in fact a fair amount of people think it's a Shadow and are mindblown when I tell them it's a VTX 1800....so many people don't know that Honda made an 1800. Debadge it, and make people curious!

·
Registered
953 Posts
in fact a fair amount of people think it's a Shadow and are mindblown when I tell them it's a VTX 1800....

all honda off mine but VTX in a couple places

as for a shadow? that is how I describe it to those that dont know what a vtx is I say think of a shadow but on steroids and if you think about it it fits the progression shadow 1100 then vtx 1300 and vtx 1800

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I used the Kuryakyn #7708 cover set (3 chrome discs) to cover the Honda logos on the crank covers. Looks good and I think it's what you're looking for.
Amazon still has the set, though you may find it cheaper elsewhere.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002KR5OYI?fp=1&pc_redir=T1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Years ago some company sold a chrome thin disk that stuck to the engine and covered that logo you speak of. After market turn signals took care of the other you mention.

The company was called Jett Ink. I actually called them recently to ask about a replacement part, and while the owner did answer the phone, he said he hadn't bothered with motorcycle parts in years.

I have the Jett Ink covers and they are great, but Cobra and Kuryakyn also make them, so you're not SOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts