Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too expensive. What seems to be good for no lower that 40 degrees? Had a pair of motorcycle pants I bought used that I tossed before moving, thinking I won't ride in cold weather. Dummy.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
https://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/synergy_2_0_12_volt_electric_chap_liner/104/448

Amazon has them cheaper
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Tourmaster-Synergy-Heated-Motorcycle-Chaps/dp/B009WD8MBU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2ILLO86JJU61J&keywords=tourmaster+heated+pants&qid=1572608036&sprefix=Tourmaster+heated+%2Caps%2C820&sr=8-3[/ame]

do not forget to purchase the controller.

I have the older set... works well..

I wear these under my slacks..... so YES.. that pair of slacks is 2 sizes larger then I normally wear.

I also have a heated Vest... its over 20 years old.. that company is long out in business.

for the 40's-50's, I have longjohns from the Hunters section at Walmart.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Ive always liked fleece lined jeans and when needed a pair of 1/2 chaps...good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Flannel lined Carhartt pants, $45-50

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Some Dickies and long johns work for me. Got chaps if it's any colder. I don't ride in cold much anymore.

·
Super Moderator
6,431 Posts
Best thing about wearing long johns/thermal underwear is that you can still use your armored and/or kevlar riding jeans over the top.

Kevlar, armored jeans is something I always ride with these days. Too many crazy, distracted drivers out there for me to leave home without them. Broken body parts and road rash don't heal as well or as quickly once you're an old fart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In response to this thread, I donned my insulated farmer coveralls for a ride in 40 degree weather. There was some moisture on the road but not enough to look unsafe. The farmer getup kept me warm but whenever I changed gears or applied brake pressure I could feel the rear tire losing control - sliding to the right just enough that I aborted the 25 mile test ride after six miles. Problem is that air temp might be 40 but the actual road in some places will be near freezing and water begins to gel. Please consider this advice to avoid biking in less than 50 degrees. You might be able to ride warmly with your outfit but when traffic happens the road may not support your defensive riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
The most convenient solution I've found is a set of leather chaps. They block the wind and your jeans insulate way down in the 40's. You can take them off if you go somewhere inside and store them in your saddlebags.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
When we scuba dive in cold water, you just pee in your wetsuit ......:wink2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts