Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a problem I hope somebody can help with. I took my VTX 1300 R in for the 600 mile service yesterday and told them that it has some popping and surging at low speed low RPM, they called me this morning and confirmed that it needs some carb adujustment but can't cover it under warranty because Honda sets these bikes up lean to pass EPA. I argued with them and told them it doesn't matter how they set it up if a brand new bike doesn't run right they should correct the problem under warranty. They refuse to cover it. I want to know what I can do or who I can tallk to. Any info would be great, Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a similar problem in Daytona with mine this year. The front fork seals were dry rotted, but the bike was still under warranty. Cycle World Daytona fixed it, but said that it was not covered. I called American Honda and faxed them my work order and receipts. It took about 3 months, but I eventually got a full refund. Some dealers do not want the warranty work and figure most people will not pursue it far enough to get the money back. Definetly call American Honda today.

·
Registered
562 Posts
let us know how that works out. it's lame that your stealer won't do the work for you and argue w/ honda for the $... that's IF they're right anyways. My only issue was a bad ground on the fan, they fixed it in a jiffy, charged Honda, all was well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They told me to ride it another 5 or 600 miles to let it get good and broke in and then if it persists to be persistant and Honda would have no choice but to cover it. I also asked them for some input about pipes and they said when I do the pipes they would put jets in and tune the carb then but I have no intentions of letting them do the work on the pipes at $90 per hour.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
they are just another rotten stealer.

Every dealer upon prep of the bike is supposed to set A/F screw for the elevation the bike is sold at.

go back and tell the dick heads to turn out your A/F screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn

·
Registered
248 Posts
Terrible. They probably do warranty work "out of warranty" and get reimbursed (paid twice) from honda FOR warranty work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts