Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a problem with the waterpump on VTX 2003 Retro? mine is leaking, and needs to be replaced. Is that a warranty issue? from factory?
Thanks
Doogie

·
Registered
41 Posts
bad waterpump

Hey Doogie,

I was on a ride last Oct.. and a friend of mine notice a drop of anti-freeze on the ground under my bike... upon further inspection.. I noticed that the reservoir was about 1/4 full and looked at the bottom of the waterpump and noticed some stalagtites.... it must have been slowly leaking and built up. Although I could have sworn that I had given it a thorough inspection at the previous oil change.

So I called up the stealer to see how much the pump was since I like turning my own wrench... don't trust some of those guys....and thought they would quote me a price of 50-60 bucks... and BAM... the guy told me it was 325.00... wholly molly.... and he then informed me that my bike was older than a year and the warranty was out..... thats when I pulled out my trump card and said ... "I don't think so biotch"..... so I did have to break down and let them work on it... good thing its an easy replacement and doesn't have to be calibrated or anything...

So the answer to your question is.. it is only covered if you have the extended warranty.... this should be a freaking recall from the factory since I have heard of plenty of them going bad....

Take care,
MASS_X

1 - 2 of 2 Posts