Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
390 Posts
This site looks very, very much like IndianMotorcycles.net I frequent over there to keep tabs on a friend.

Not that that's a bad thing but it gives another insight to the functions of this new site.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The old site was not broken, thus did not need fixing or updating.
I appreciate the work that goes into these web sites. But, IMO, the current product is NOT an improvement.
Especially when it comes to editing/composing options available compared to the old site.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The old site was not broken, thus did not need fixing or updating.
I appreciate the work that goes into these web sites. But, IMO, the current product is NOT an improvement.
Especially when it comes to editing/composing options available compared to the old site.
We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. However, vBulletin’s infrastructure does not provide the flexibility to be able to provide additional improvements. Continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect and deserve continuous improvements over time.

In the past, we have upgraded more slowly. Unfortunately, this became technically difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

- Cricket

·
Registered
158 Posts

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

- Cricket
Now that I know how to find subscribed threads, how do I ADD a subscription??

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now that I know how to find subscribed threads, how do I ADD a subscription??
Depending on your preference settings you may have it set to automatically subscribe (watch/follow) content if you post.

If you want to follow a discussion that you have not posted in, to the right of the title there is a button you can click to follow.

- Cricket

·
Registered
26,112 Posts
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket
Thanks!

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, I gave you guys a few days to get things changed and it seems to be working.

It's not too bad. (This is a compliment from a guy that hates change BTW)

Thank you for keeping this forum going. Love my VTX and this place helps me keep it running!
Please let me know if I can help answer any questions. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Dark mode makes things easier for sure.
I also use it here: Audi R8 Forums
That was the most exciting feature to me until I tried it. And then quickly turned it back to light mode. I want to like dark mode too, but I can't. It's very annoying. Unfortunetaly, dark mode is mostly black and white. Some links are in bold letters others just white like everythink else (instead of red, like in light mode), so dark mode actually makes navigation more difficult for me.
So, it's kind of unprofessional to me...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I want to like this change too. I understand change is necessary but like some others here, I don't like change. I don't have any specific questions but I'm having trouble navigating,such as, I wont be able to find this exact place later. If someone replies to my post I may never see it, but I haven't give up yet, hopefully I'll learn.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I want to like this change too. I understand change is necessary but like some others here, I don't like change. I don't have any specific questions but I'm having trouble navigating,such as, I wont be able to find this exact place later. If someone replies to my post I may never see it, but I haven't give up yet, hopefully I'll learn.
Let me know how I can help you with navigating the site. That is what I am here for. :)

Let's get started with this tutorial.

- Cricket

·
Old Goat
24,223 Posts
  • You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
The above doesnt set well with me...just so u know...

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Go to Account , Preferences > and start unchecking things you do not want notificatons. I may have two now. Save and the popup should stop.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Go to Account , Preferences > and start unchecking things you do not want notificatons. I may have two now. Save and the popup should stop.
Thanks Hans, I unchecked "Push Notifications".

I'd still like to know what "Push Notifications" are in practical terms. How are they used and how can they be useful?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Still getting a a pop-up all the time asking me to enable "Push Notifications". I unchecked all Push Notification boxes.
Signed out, signed back in. Still getting the annoying Pop-up many times every time i change pages.

ADDED: If i click "Not Now" on the pop-up it seems to get rid of it for the session but shows up again every time i sign back in. Annoying little b*astard"....lol

21 - 40 of 71 Posts