Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is your browser clearing sessions every time you leave the site?

- Cricket
Using Google Chrome. Don't see any "clear sessions" settings.

I do clear "browsing history" quite often, it's not automatic.

Still get the pop-up when i sign in to VTXOA whether i cleared browsing history/cookies or not.

I am using AD blocker.

That's about all i can tell ya.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Using Google Chrome. Don't see any "clear sessions" settings.

I do clear "browsing history" quite often, it's not automatic.

Still get the pop-up when i sign in to VTXOA whether i cleared browsing history/cookies or not.

I am using AD blocker.

That's about all i can tell ya.
I have been unable to replicate this yet. When I click "not ow" it disappears and does not return.

I am still looking into this.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I miss not being able to see the city and state of posters. It shows the country, but not city and state. Can this be restored?
Hi there - Location is an optional field and some people may be hesitant to want that information displayed publicly. Anyone who wishes to include that information can do so in their profile under the location field and can set the privacy on that information in their settings to who can view that information. Hope that helps!

Tess

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Hi there - Location is an optional field and some people may be hesitant to want that information displayed publicly. Anyone who wishes to include that information can do so in their profile under the location field and can set the privacy on that information in their settings to who can view that information. Hope that helps!

Tess
But it's not the same like before. Not even close. You need to go to the details of the poster's profile to see that information. Otherwise just a flag is visible where you logged in from (last time?), or if you use a VPN (like me), the location what you or your VPN want to show.

BTW, these site "improvements" look like this,, to me:
We take away your VTX, and replace it with an electric scooter. It still takes you from A to B, but it's quieter, takes up less space in the parking lot and modern technology with zero carbon emission, etc. It's better for everyone, but you, because you don't really care about those new features (those are no improvements for you), but miss the important (for you) things you enjoyed in your previous bike.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
But it's not the same like before. Not even close. You need to go to the details of the poster's profile to see that information. Otherwise just a flag is visible where you logged in from (last time?), or if you use a VPN (like me), the location what you or your VPN want to show.
You can still view a member's location (provided they have added it) without actually going to their profile.

Hover over the member's avatar and an information box will open. (If you are on a mobile device, click on the avatar.)

It won't use your IP address unless you haven't reset your location on the new platform using the drop-down menu.

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

User Location Privacy Settings

Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
That's what the explanation was, you can see it at a glance if the person has allowed people to see it. Move the mouse pointer over the person's avatar, no clicks, no nothing, it pops up.
Not on mobile device. I understand Capt. Rory.
Isn't this a contradiction?

"The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.",

but no, it's different on mobile devices. On the previous design you saw this kind of information without doing anything, now you can't. How is it an improvement? 😀
BTW, inserting that smiley above was much faster in the previous version. You could find the most common ones on the right and just click on it. Now, you click on the smiley icon and
wait..
wait...
wait...
and then a window pops up and you can chose the one you want. How is this faster, when it is slower, actually?

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I'm getting used to it. Not as bad as I feared. I'm sure I can make this work for me.

·
Old Goat
24,223 Posts
I dont have a sig pic at the moment...having said that ,why is it when I have one and u click it to enlarge,next page there are pics of other folks bikes...

41 - 60 of 71 Posts