Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Vtxoa.com will be migrated to our new platform on Monday, January 20th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~Community Support

·
Registered
152 Posts
new platform

Is it going to be like the "Café" upgrade?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
One request. Please don't discontinue the "active topics" link. I use this a lot.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I never had a problem with this site. Oh well?

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
commodore 64
IBM 286 and "DOS"
then Internet "dos" and a 1200 baud phone modem.
Macintosh "SE" and early graphic operating system.
Windows 3.1
Windows XP
Windows 7 Pro
Windows 10 Pro, just converted to 10 Pro last month. ( FREE / Legal )

1991 to 1996.. NeXTcube. work computer.

I survived.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It doesn't have to be bad. How 'bout we just see what it looks like. Change can be tough, hopefully it's easily adjusted to.
In a new digital world there's always upgrades and updates. The past way of thinking if it ain't broken don't fix it doesn't apply anymore in this brave new world. Sometimes change is good, but it also leaves some behind who won't adapt.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
In a new digital world there's always upgrades and updates. The past way of thinking if it ain't broken don't fix it doesn't apply anymore in this brave new world. Sometimes change is good, but it also leaves some behind who won't adapt.
Many times this does apply, but often, "if it ain't broke" only applies to those that it isn't broken for. Running the back end on this site to keep up with other changes and to remain secure can be an ongoing challenge. Sometimes other changes made top something seemingly unrelated forces a change in many sites throughout the www, if only to retain a certain level of functionality. A security update could make certain features unavailable on a given platform that make an indefinite continuation impossible. My bet is that someone in the admin group sees an absolute need for this change, otherwise it's unlikely someone would want to go to that level of effort in porting it entirely.

We see this in our corporate website often. WordPress has recommended security updates, which breaks parts of our website, necessitating a fix. In the end a security update can cost me several thousands in fixing the website. None of this would be necessary if black hats would stop breaking stuff.

·
Old Goat
24,168 Posts
I would imagine the demographics for most website is similar to Net Flix...18 to 49...:grin2: I’m covered up in tech and can drive it....its the navigation that gives me pause....as suggested..adopting a wait and see attitude...:thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I for one appreciate the work and insight the admin are doing to keep the site up and functioning and user friendly. When will we begin to notice changes? Is there a release date?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Why fix what isn't broken.

This happened at HondaShadow.net, owned by the same company. I suspect this will be the same changes, and I will not be here very often if that's the case. Over there it was done with no input from the users, it was a mess and the admins spent countless hours trying to update and add features that the users wanted, after the fact.

Harkon, the "Active Topics" will also be gone.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts

This happened at HondaShadow.net, owned by the same company. I suspect this will be the same changes, and I will not be here very often if that's the case. Over there it was done with no input from the users, it was a mess and the admins spent countless hours trying to update and add features that the users wanted, after the fact.

Yep, since the update at the Cafe I have completely abandoned it.

I hope it is not the case here, but it was fun while it lasted. :frown:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts

Say it ain't so. It disappeared from Road Glide Forums as well. IMO the single best shortcut on this site. It's where I always look first, and often don't look past it.

C'mon Admins, pleeeeeeeeeeze don't lose "Active Topics"

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
let's see

tube inside of tires.
wood spokes on wheels
vapor mist carburetors.
total loss oil system
jet carburetors.
solid tires.
NO Skid tires
bias ply tires
Radial tires
accelerator pump carburetors.
points and condensers.
transistor ignition
electronic ignition.
mechanical fuel injection
electronic fuel injection
ASE and or Metric.

S A M E .... D I F F E R E N C E.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree, things have to change sometimes just to keep up. But, I also agree that if it changes to where I can't navigate easily, I'll go quietly away. The "new posts" is where I go every time I log on here. If that goes away I will too. Just in case,,, I thank those of you that give advice so freely and share your wealth of knowledge on these bikes and other stuff too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
One request. Please don't discontinue the "active topics" link. I use this a lot.
Yep, since the update at the Cafe I have completely abandoned it.

I hope it is not the case here, but it was fun while it lasted. :frown:
It's sad to think one of the last things a VTX owner had is to share stories, opinions, experiences and news in the motorcycle world might be taken away or ended and turned into a format that is useless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.