1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Goat
24,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was talking with my youngest less than an hour ago about all of this. He brought in the results of the grocery run he did for me since I at this time do not want to take any risks.
I am in the high risk group at the age of 69, I am in the very high risk group because I got some serious medical crap going on anyway.
I talked about the fact that one of the many reasons why I want to 'make it through this' is that I want to see what the country can and hopefully will do when we get beyond this. This is America for God's sake (and I am not even religious).
As a country we can come out stronger than ever. I want to see this.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
We Will... no question about it...

I remember the stories from my mother.. small PA town.. WWII...
one of them.. the daily run to the railroad tracks.. to collect coal that has fallen off.. to heat there house.

she had polio and walked with crutches ...

Henk, take care of yourself.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
An employee who travels a lot for his business, out of state and overseas, is the first patient in our county with the virus. A 50-something man. His company is called 'Everything Ice'. A maker and seller of anything that has to do with ice rinks. When I got my HVAC certifications 25 years ago, I almost went to work for them, but I was married and didn't want all that travelling around the world for maybe months at a time. Now, this company has stepped up, and will be getting material to make the protective plastic face shields we've seen on medical workers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts