Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He started another board to go Along with the VTXOA, Not to pull us away from here.
Every time I go there No one really posts.

Now I don't post that much either, but for as much help as he has been to Alot of us over the years. The least we can do is visit his board and make it worth while for his effort to keep it up and going.
He is still a very avid supporter of the VTXOA and the VTX motorcycles.
Show some love for one of our biggest Gooroos, that the VTX commuinty has had.:bowdown:

And also out of respect for all of his assistance to our community. :thumbup:

http://forums.bareasschoppers.com

·
Registered
471 Posts
Gotta agree with you ol mate,not that i have been a member/owner of a VTX for long (2 months) but i have learnt a lot from his expertise on these bikes.:agree::congrats:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree 100% sent a little donation to show my appreciation for the site.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Good point for a great site.

I visit often, although I don't post much. I'm no wrench, but I've learned a lot from that site including a sense of confidence to approach some mechanical work that otherwise I never would have done.

That is hard to beat and very much appreciated. :thumbup:

·
Old Goat
26,226 Posts
:agree:but Ive never been able to get the page to load just times out and Ive got firefox set for longer load time. I will keep trying. :dontknow:

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1 TennX ... It used to be really fast but now I can seldom get it to load without a LONG LONNGGG wait. I don't know what happened to it ... I used to really enjoy going there.

G

·
:agree:but Ive never been able to get the page to load just times out and Ive got firefox set for longer load time. I will keep trying. :dontknow:
+1 - waiting right now

but in bares defense, I have similar problems with other more important websites. ( like health insurance ) :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just went to Bare's site and it is back to its old FAST self for me! I have no explanation ... just glad its back like it was ... I was missing getting to the picture downloads! ;-)

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MIKE (BARE) HAD SOME SERVER PROBLEMS THAT ARE NOW FIXED.
He changed because of the lack of controll of his site going up and down.

Again, I ask for all of our Local guys and gals to go over and post either in the General board or the Louisiana board to show your support to our local friend and VTX Extreem Tech doctor.
I know he has devoted a great deal of time to this bike THE VTX and has helped so many of us either with his Free time Or assistance in getting our bike issues settled not to mention the tech articles that are flying all ofer the internet that are still used if and when we had issues. ( and we know who we are):thumbup:
Lets help him build a repuable site and make his effort worth while for what he has built. I spoke with him and He seemed a little down that many of us dont post over on his site more often.
Remember, he has been around for many of us and we should all return the favor to him. ( Loyalty) JMO

I am re-entering this post as a BUMP because I reguard Bare as a friend and feel the need to do so.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Over there I'm Da Chief. It's a great site and I've learned a lot from it. Mike usually answers mechanical questions indepth and if he's not sure, you can count on Big Larry to throw solutions your way.

I read the threads a couple times a week but I cannot resist finding the duck!;);):D:thumbup:

G

·
Bareasschoppers

I've used his site several times for the write ups and pics. I've learned a lot about the X, and I swear I've read virtually evey write up there,,,

The info on his site has allowed me to do work myself, with confidence, that I probably would not have been comfortable with otherwise. :tools: (I have a Service Manual, but Bare's Pics make it soooo much easier! He also has tips and discussions included that you won't find in any Service Manual!)

Heck, I'm sittin here right now lookin at a clutch kit on my desk,,,, I've read Bare's write up several times, and I ain't skeered of doin' that myself now, either!!!

I've saved lotsa $ that way,,, So I figure, why not kick back a little to the man who helped me save that $$$$$?:dontknow:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Two days ago I had a full day off in Saint Louis at the hotel with nothing to do so I went down to the biddness center and burned up their printer downloading most all of Bare's good articles. I've got 'em in a binder now with a table of contents and all. I put the repetitive stuff at the front and the one time stuff at the rear.

Now I'm ready to roll!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Great site, been very helpful to me. I visit quite often, but don't post alot. Bare has responded often to my questions on this site, and if donations are needed to keep the site up, I'm first in line.

·
Registered
331 Posts
:bump:

This deserves a bump. I can't count the times I have used Bare's site for information.

Someone said something about that there should be a paypal link added. Left side, scroll to the bottom, there it is. I will be sending a little thank you via paypal in the next day or two.

Thanks to Bare for all you do!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
He has a paypal account, the link is on the bottom of the left hand column that has a button " Make A Donation". I sent him money just because I felt I should after all the information that was gained from his site, and was used out in the garage to do upgrades & maintain the X, and the time he took to personally answer my emails.
Thanks for all you do Mike !!!:thumbup:

Guess I did not scroll down to the bottom of the page, Sixxdog had already posted the information.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, Tassey5. I wasn't even aware of the website, and I'm all for any site that helps the bikers....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts