Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is a weak spot on the 1800R it's the back screw holding the passenger seat on. I've taken that seat off only a few times, and that screw gives me trouble every time I need to put it back in. I've bent screws, I've re-tapped the hole and now the screw isn't catching, need a longer one. Am I the only one having this problem? And is there a solution?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Agreed

I had to deal with that srew yesterday. It is hard to remove with the seat backrest and luggage rack. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I leave it off....I put spacers in between the front bracket and seat. so the ol lady would quit sliding into me. Now the rear screw doesnt line up.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Man, I know what you mean. That screw is a &%$#! I have the mustang seat with throw over type saddlebags running underneath. Tight fit! I'm thinking a longer fastener would do the trick.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've only removed the seat three times, but so far, I haven't had any trouble with that screw...maybe in time. 8)

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Have a 02 and have had mine off a bunch. Probably 20 times at least. Remove it for winter storage and for cleaning and wax every so often. Never had a problem yet. You might have gotten a bad one. Maybe drill it out to the next size and re-tap or go with standard instead of metric when retapping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts