Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellers, we need a web page, durnit. We have got to be able to have a way to post ride pics, and it'd be cool to be able to put a face to all the names that are showing up on this site, also ride info, etc. Kxb44 has some cool high res pics of himself riding in a thong . . .
I'd be willing to pay some dude to set up our web page. Anybody else :?:

·
Registered
192 Posts
web page

I have some freind that bild web pages, if you like I can ask them. I do know it's about $50-200 to get one depending on what kind and all that jazz.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Update:

www.utahvtxriders.com will be the name of the site (will take a day or two to get propagated through the intenet). I added it it to the sites I have so it was cheap.

Let me know what anyone would like to see on the site. There is some nice photo album stuff out there (free) for the pics.

Paul

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sweet

Nice work man. Thanks for letting us us your site. How about we get together and get a group photo for the home page? Now this is a thought I had, you know some photo's/food/meet and great or just shoot the BS. :D then get planing your rides and then take one. 8) WE COULD ALSO GET # SO WE COULD GET THE WORD AROUND OF RIDES AND TECH INFO. Just a thought. What do you guy's think??? :roll:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
web site

Thanks, Paul; I'm sure this will turn out to be super cool. Those are some good "idears" Gideon has - I was thinkin' along the same lines. I think this is gonna be gooood :4is:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was going to offer the services of my son, but I guess that I won't have to. Thanks Paul for doing this.

Clayton

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Re: Sweet

Gideon said:
Nice work man. Thanks for letting us us your site. How about we get together and get a group photo for the home page? Now this is a thought I had, you know some photo's/food/meet and great or just shoot the BS. :D then get planing your rides and then take one. 8) WE COULD ALSO GET # SO WE COULD GET THE WORD AROUND OF RIDES AND TECH INFO. Just a thought. What do you guy's think??? :roll:
Souds good!

Paul

·
Registered
828 Posts
pmn1 said:
ww1flyingace said:
Need someone to do the actaul artwork and site? Or is that covered?
www1flyingace,

if we have anyone that is an artist and would like to come up with a logo for the group, that would be great. Basic web pages I can cover.

Paul

Well, heres the 2 I have done that are still around (did about 5, but 3 of the companies are no longer in business)

http://www.sunlitho.net

http://www.corbeau.com

Whatever you need that I can help with

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
www1flyingace....... Nice work!

If you have time to get something together, that would be great. I like your style....clean and sharp! I don't have the talents you have :shock:

I was messing with Photoshop and put a temp logo on the index page. An artist I am not.

·
Registered
828 Posts
pmn1 said:
www1flyingace....... Nice work!

If you have time to get something together, that would be great. I like your style....clean and sharp!

I was messing with Photoshop and put a temp logo on the index page. An artist I am not.
Thanx for the compliment.

Unfortunatly, the Corbeau guy has an HTML guy that he sometime has make "tweeks" to that site, usually to the detriment of the overall look, in my opinion. But what can you do?

Anyway, regarding OUR site.

Does anyone know who created the VTX mask logo? Can we use that as part of a logo without permission, or do we need to ask someone?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey guys, how hard would it be to make a logo that reflects the utah VTX experience and put some bling bling to it and make it not only a logo but also a Patch. I am not an artist by any means, but I thought I would just give my .02.
Drywallman

·
Registered
828 Posts
Drywallman said:
Hey guys, how hard would it be to make a logo that reflects the utah VTX experience and put some bling bling to it and make it not only a logo but also a Patch. I am not an artist by any means, but I thought I would just give my .02.
Drywallman
Not very hard, UNTILL you get to the part about wanting the patch. Making something that looks good as a PHOTO, and making something that can be sewn (patch) or silkscreened (shirt) etc, is where it gets tough.

Now, I can come up with something, then make a VERSION of it that can be stitched and screened, but it wont look exactly the same. It will have the same FEEL to it though.

Example:

Top logo is orignal design for print applications, lower logo is version for faxes, vinyl stickers, etc.

Those examples are at polar opposites of the scale, but you get the general idea.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts