Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Winthrop ride will be the weekend of September 14th. 2 Nights Friday and Saturday. Ride over Friday afternoon or evening, go for a ride Saturday over Loup Loup Pass and down to Grand Coulee. The only question is to motel it or camp. I know some want to camp and some want to motel. I am going to get a motel reservation as I think that I will be going over riding 2 up. I will look around for a good rate and most the info.

Here is some camping info. I will let the campers decide which one to stay at. I know that KOA is closer to town and I am sure you could get a group discount or just a single site for 2 or 3 tents.

Pearrygin State Park
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?se ... e&pageno=1

KOA
http://www.koa.com/where/wa/47145/

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yep!

Good call, Tony!

I'm interested.

See ya at Mardon!

·
Registered
619 Posts
sounds nice, except i'm more of a "camping" guy, and would prefer a more wild-western and open feel around the mountians, esepecially in summer.
i know a lot of folks can't carry the req'd equip for camping, but it's a thought...

any people interested in sharing a site?
i can bring burgers-dogs, and other

--nate

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to reserve a block of rooms either this Friday or Sunday after we get back from Mardon.

G

·
very super interested as i told the SO that i would make one other ride this summer and would prolly be to go ride 20. winthrop was my childhood family vacation spot. i know of several spots out of town along the chewuch river to go camping. i even know of a spot up near the trail head for the pasaytan wilderness to go trout fishing that has hold overs from when they stock the river.
tony how about turning this into a motel/campout type of deal. ride in friday night rather than saturday. i personally think the area has way to much to offer to just ride in and leave the following morning.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eagle1953 said:
I'd be interested if it were the weekend before or after but have to work the weekend of the 8th. :(
Weekend before is Labor Day. The Methow Valley is all booked up.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wreckedt said:
very super interested as i told the SO that i would make one other ride this summer and would prolly be to go ride 20. winthrop was my childhood family vacation spot. i know of several spots out of town along the chewuch river to go camping. i even know of a spot up near the trail head for the pasaytan wilderness to go trout fishing that has hold overs from when they stock the river.
tony how about turning this into a motel/campout type of deal. ride in friday night rather than saturday. i personally think the area has way to much to offer to just ride in and leave the following morning.
I would be all for the whole weekend. If you are coming up Jason I will be into camping out as well.

Lets talk with the group this weekend in Mardon.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
winthrop

I'm gonna make this a priority for sure. I'm not that into camping, but if I solo I could pull that off. Friday departure and let's see and do all we can!

If you want to bump it one week later so Eagle can jump in the pool, I'm cool with that too, but I understand that we all have limitations and other responsibilities.

Oyster run is the last weekend of September. That another thing we should be talking about at Mardon, dontcha know?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: winthrop

bobonaboat said:
I'm gonna make this a priority for sure. I'm not that into camping, but if I solo I could pull that off. Friday departure and let's see and do all we can!

If you want to bump it one week later so Eagle can jump in the pool, I'm cool with that too, but I understand that we all have limitations and other responsibilities.

Oyster run is the last weekend of September. That another thing we should be talking about at Mardon, dontcha know?
The weekend after could work for me as well. I would have to juggle my weekends with my boys. Lets work out the details this weekend.

G

·
sounds good! shoot the chit at mardon. i asked the other unit and she said "lets make sure we are good on money". so not a no but a definite possibiltiy. i know tony, i remember your words of wisdom/freedom.
jason

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If we go over Friday, I put together a good ride for Saturday.

Winthrop to Omak via Loup Loup Pass
Omak to Grand Coulee via the Colville Reservation
Grand Coulee to Brewster via Hwy 17 & Hwy 97
Brewster to Pateros via Hwy 97
Pateros to Winthrop via Hwy 153 & Hwy 20

About a 200 mile loop, with lots of great roads with elevation, sweeper, and twisties. Stop for lunch at Grand Coulee.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Why not?

Again, Tony, you get the smart guy award!

Why wouldn't that work?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Why not?

bobonaboat said:
Again, Tony, you get the smart guy award!

Why wouldn't that work?
I think it would work. Now we will need to talk about the dates this weekend.

G

·
KOA sounds good, but we could go up the road to pearrygin lake state park. less money probably, its on a lake. im pretty positive there is RV/tent sites and on the off chance we get a little loud in the evening we probably wont be bothered.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.