Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my new spear/ spike intake today and was out in the garage trying to figure out how to mount it using the adapter that came with it for a harley, untill i can order the one i want well that wont work :(

so to make a short story long :D i pulled both seats riders and passengers then slipped the tank loose took the stock air box off, and tried to figure out how to drill this adapter to make it work,
well like i said it didnt and i couldnt make it work so i out it all back together and figured i would just wait to order the right adapter
i was just ready to ride and figured i better check the vacuum line to the tank , well it was off so i popped it back on hopped on the bike got 1/2 mile from the house and the bike died

of course i was annoyed saying i know i put that line back on, but hopped off the bike and figured i would check it anyway it was on so now i am looking all over to see why it wont run, after about 2 or 3 minutes i see it.............

somehow or another i shut the gas off :(
turn it back on crank it for a minute and off we go... man i felt stupid but glad it was minor

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
That happened to me earlier this year, but my story went like this:

My fiancee', her parents and I went to Dallas so her parents could pick up a '75 Shovelhead that they had bought off eBay. So my fiancee' and I rode our bikes up (she has an Ultra Classic), and her parents drove up with a trailer. When we pull up to the house, there were 4 Harleys parked in the driveway (one being the '75, the others belonging to some guys who were over there doing work on them). We were asked if we wanted to stay the night, so we decided to take the couple up on their offer. We parked the bikes inside the garage, and someone smelled gas, so the guy went to each bike and turned off the gas, including mine. So we're ready to leave the next day, and I go to start the bike and it runs for a few seconds and then dies. You should've seen me trying to get that puppy started in front of those Harley guys...they got the last laugh. By the time I figured out what it was, it was too late! :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts