Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see the DR. on friday and it has been aproved. I get to return to work.:thumbup: Don't know if the district manager will let me come back on light duty though.
Can't understand why the Dr. released me for light duty however. I do get to go back on full duty on January 2nd.:dontknow: Now what the heck is that all about. An Xmas gift from my Dr? :roll: Good lord, I'm sure Steve is going to question that move.:shock:
Anyway, It's back to work for me. WOOHOO!! A year of sitting on my butt has been plenty enough for me. And the next time a heavy object gets away from me, I'm gonna let it land on my foot.:lol: At least I won't have to worry about Steve saying, "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LET IT FALL TO THE FLOOR". And I won't have to say, "LIKE DUDE, MY FEET WERE DOWN THERE". With a knee opperation on each knee and one ankle opperation, I just hate crutches.

I get to go to work,:pepper1:YEA :pepper1::pepper1: do a little :tools1: Bet my box is DIRTY!:shock: :lol:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Good for you Lee.... be careful and enjoy yourself.... next time, just let it fall.:lol:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yipe, we still want those maps to be drawn though. I think we can relief you from the ride-naming duty. :lol::popcorn: :lol:

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
So Lee, what did you do to yourself to cause all this time off?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I yarded my shoulder. Tore 4 tendons and pulled a bone chip that wound up in my rotator cup and scored the heck out of it. The first operation they repaired only 3 tendons, scraped the cup and removed the bone chip. They discovered later that there was a fourth tear, so they went back in to take care of it. This has been a two year project. But I've only been sitting on my but for a year now. I waited to long to get it looked at for sure. As for my riding time, Well I get weekends off and that's when I do most of my group riding. So short of working on the house, I don't see much of a change in time on the bike. Might even get more time in the saddle cause I'm going to be riding to work. We'll see how it goes, but I'm sure glad to get back to it. Savings are shot to heck and I'm starting to fall a bit behind on some things But I think we'll make it. I'm sure Dena will be glad to get me out of the house. Think I've been driving her a bit batty.:lol:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Take it easy. You don't want to let work injuries get in the way of riding time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts