Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my work just one hour before my apointment to go into surgery. They said that I CAN have the surgery, but if I do I will not have a job when I recover :shock: . (Sooooo, choice made in about 2.15 seconds). They found a loophole in the policy manual that said that they only can let a person be off for 3 months w/out pay per year. (thats 12 months not callender year). Gotta just deal with the pain of my knee popping out every now and then for 8 more months :cry: .

Well no football, baseball, basketball, or not even vollyball for me for 1 more year. (GRRRRRRR sucks to be me I guess). Being a very active person I am having some trouble comming to gripps with only being able to run in straight lines and just lifting weights. I have already gained 30lbs from sitting arround and feeding my fat face :oops: .

One thing I am very greatful for is that I still can ride MY VTX. I love the feel of the wind and the power and handling of this AWESOME bike. Plus I worked a whole bunch of overtime thinking I was going to be out of work for a month $$$. HDL here I come. ultimate seat, PCIII, new brake rez covers are tops on my list. maybe even throw a chrome drive shaft cover on her. I have all of the stuff to do my own custom paint. Paint booth, tape, paint gun, sand paper, buffer. (I just lack the skills. Bro will help me though) Going to practice a bunch before I try on the bike forshure and my brother knows what he is doing. (not pro but good at everything he does).

SOOO what I am saying is that I WILL ride on saturday and I WILL be there for the BBQ. (more feeding my fat face :D )

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mixed feelings here dude. Glad to see your going to make the BBQ and that you'll be walking around for at least a few more summer riding months. Better to have had this told to you before you had surgery, than latter on after surgery and not having a job. You do need surgery, but you also need a job.

It also sounds like your getting the itch to spend $$$ on the bike. I can tell you this can be addicting BE CAREFUL! :twisted:
Drywallman

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
extra

I ain't spending another dime on my scoot. No way. All those guys are just tryin' to get us to spend out hard earned green. Pisses me off.
Hang on just a sec . . . sorry dudes, I've gotta go (my new Kury mirrors just arrived) . . . :twisted:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: extra

Wilsondude said:
All those guys are just tryin' to get us to spend out hard earned green. Pisses me off.
Yea those guys trying to get me to spend all my cash!!! I hope this money dont burn a hole in my pocket before I find a good deal on some things I wanted. I am looking for the best deal I can get. Hehe. My brother and I have been trying to come up with some cool paint ideas (that is within his ability). I grabbed a little paper and was goofing off and I came up with a pretty simple and cool looking VTX logo that might be doable on a sewing machine (Not done by me of course). I will bring it to the BBQ so you can see what ya think. not trying to step on any toes, I just was playing with some graffic designs and bam there it was.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Playing is good. I'd also be interested in what you come up with for paint. I've got so much stuff on my scoot now that I have changed my opinion about what I want to do for paint. I'm leaning toward some tasteful small flames along certain edges. Let us know what you decide on; and by all means, be sure to post pics :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was thinking of dingle balls hanging off my tank and a pair of fuzzy dice on my handle bars with a doggy bobbin his head on my sissy bar :lol: .
Drywallman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts