Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you think riding is fun, try flying an airplane, skydiving or jetskiing.

So realizing now that I am typing this at work, sitting at my desk, fixing other people's broken s*it, I am REALLY tempted to grab my jacket, put the boots on and head out to lunch. Just because.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think riding is fun, try flying an airplane, skydiving or jetskiing.

So realizing now that I am typing this at work, sitting at my desk, fixing other people's broken s*it, I am REALLY tempted to grab my jacket, put the boots on and head out to lunch. Just because.
I've jetskied, I snowmobile (which is just as relaxing as the bike). I'll let the pros fly my planes, and I sure as hell am not jumping out of one unless there is no other option.

·
Registered
27,649 Posts
I've jetskied, I snowmobile (which is just as relaxing as the bike). I'll let the pros fly my planes, and I sure as hell am not jumping out of one unless there is no other option.

I've been told you don't need a parachute to skydive.
But, you do need a parachute to skydive more than once. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
11,937 Posts
We could have told them that.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Wrong. A faster bike helps. ;) :thumbup:

ah, no.. I rode a CBR1000F ( 1000 Hurricane ) for 10 years.. and spent many hours/laps on the Mid Ohio Sports car track... ( track days )

superbike school.. both .. one day and 3 day classes .. and got my AMA ticket..

·
Premium Member
11,937 Posts
ah, no.. I rode a CBR1000F ( 1000 Hurricane ) for 10 years.. and spent many hours/laps on the Mid Ohio Sports car track... ( track days )

superbike school.. both .. one day and 3 day classes .. and got my AMA ticket..

Good time. I got up there to run both the Buell and KTM track days and test all their new model bikes, including the superbikes. 2008 and 2010, I think it was. Fun track for sure. Rode all day 'til I was sore.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Good time. I got up there to run both the Buell and KTM track days and test all their new model bikes, including the superbikes. 2008 and 2010, I think it was. Fun track for sure. Rode all day 'til I was sore.

So True... 150 and HARD onto the brakes.. controlling the tire squirm going into a curve..

diving into the carousel... dragging a knee.

for the guys that have never tried it... you think sex is great.. this is right next to it...

better yet.... passing a young guy on the outside.. and in the pits removing your helmet.. for them to see an OLD fat GUY that is F A S T...

FYI,,, if you get to Nelson Ledges sports car course ( Ohio ).. they finally repaved it.. so its fun again on a motorcycle..

for the other people.. I am 68 years OLD ( YOUNG ).. old is only in your head.. YOU ALLOWED IT..

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
So True... 150 and HARD onto the brakes.. controlling the tire squirm going into a curve..

diving into the carousel... dragging a knee.

for the guys that have never tried it... you think sex is great.. this is right next to it...

better yet.... passing a young guy on the outside.. and in the pits removing your helmet.. for them to see an OLD fat GUY that is F A S T...

FYI,,, if you get to Nelson Ledges sports car course ( Ohio ).. they finally repaved it.. so its fun again on a motorcycle..

for the other people.. I am 68 years OLD ( YOUNG ).. old is only in your head.. YOU ALLOWED IT..
Chuck. Ever pull into the pits after an exceptionally "on the edge" lap, where your lap time was a lot closer to the "good" riders than it's ever been? I was vibrating so bad I couldn't keep the bike vertical at a standstill without it swaying. So pumped with adrenaline was I that speech after that was babbling, until I could calm down. Laser focus on the track, a babbling idiot once in the pits. Better than any narcotic could ever be.

For me that was only about 35 years ago, and I was never "fast" for more than a lap or two, but what a rush!! Yeah, those leathers don't fit no more ... LOL

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Chuck. Ever pull into the pits after an exceptionally "on the edge" lap, where your lap time was a lot closer to the "good" riders than it's ever been? I was vibrating so bad I couldn't keep the bike vertical at a standstill without it swaying. So pumped with adrenaline was I that speech after that was babbling, until I could calm down. Laser focus on the track, a babbling idiot once in the pits. Better than any narcotic could ever be.

For me that was only about 35 years ago, and I was never "fast" for more than a lap or two, but what a rush!! Yeah, those leathers don't fit no more ... LOL

YES SIR,,, every time I turned a lap that 'could' have qualified me in a real race...
studder,,,, shake,, unable to construct a complete sentence..

as you can "FEEL" the lap was good.. BEFORE the time slip is handed to you.
you feel you are in the "ZONE",, do no wrong.. brave as HELL...
for that minute or 3.. it changes your life...

even now that its JUST a Memory.. 5 minutes later.

you KNOW.. you are no-longer a Want-a-Be.. a dreamer..

you are a motorcycle racer for 1 or 2 laps... even 5...

my best... my CBR1000F.and I.. could have qualified for the Mid-Ohio SSC race.. 32 of 41... a tall FAT guy.. gray balding hair... ....... in a real AMA road race.

and I had the AMA racing permit in my wallet... I know I could not do what I did for a full race... my nerves would not allow it.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Daytona Florida pit lane

mid- 1980's I was the engine builder and mechanic for a small motorcycle race team... 3 years at Daytona July Race..
made all 3 races ..

Like PhilsCBX. ( RIP ) we never met..

but we both build racers..
talked often of our "minutes" of fame..

·
Registered
9,435 Posts

not my photo.. but same bike .. same color 1983 VF750 F.. first sport bike Honda put into production.
and my first sport bike.. I got it in 1984 .. the rear seat pod was hard to find.. and also was a glove box with lock...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts

not my photo.. but same bike .. same color 1983 VF750 F.. first sport bike Honda put into production.
and my first sport bike.. I got it in 1984 .. the rear seat pod was hard to find.. and also was a glove box with lock...
My son bought a '94 VFR750 last spring. Gear driven cams, built to last! Beautiful bike.
At the time in the '80s I didn't appreciate the V4s. I liked the howl of the inlines as opposed to the roar of the Vs. At some point I began to appreciate the V4 music. Once in the pipe, there is something very raw about them. I love it!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts