Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well sorry to report that after talking with coyote at tooseys in dahlonega
ga. i laid my baby down on its left side on good'ol hwy 53 around a left
curve doing around 40 mph. i've got some nasty road rash on my arm
and knuckles (friggin fingerless gloves) sore back and shoulder but overall
doing good. my bike got its ration of road rash, broken cyclecraft forward
control, twisted baron x drag bar, tank, and god knows what else? im gonna go look at it tommorrow if i feel up to it . anyway shell be back
in shape as i will soon. the handlebars helped from frther damage as they sick out a bit. see ya. :( reno.

2003vtx1800c,custom candy flame paint,cds,v&h,barons,cyclecraft,pc111,
much chrome,corbin,kewlmetal fork kit,adjure,etc.etc.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sorry to hear about the asphalt ride. Glad you're not seriously injured. Time to start planning those winter mods I guess.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse! :shock: Bummer though what did happen to you and your bike!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
same here bro.. sorry to hear this but I am glad your alright to talk about it

·
Registered
633 Posts
As long as you can walk/limp away from it... :D

:beer3:

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Glad to Hear U are OK... Take Your Time Healing... Get all the Rest U can.

GodSpeed

·
Registered
266 Posts
You must have had some sense about you to come thorugh okay. Glad to hear it's not any more serious than it is, hang in there and get feeling better.

·
Registered
502 Posts

Well , on the bright side....theres only two kind of bikers, those that have gone down , and those that will !
You have that out of the way , now be careful..... rubber down.
Heal quickly and do some nice custom work on your tank !

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Thank god it wasn't any worse and get some gloves with fingers in them. :snow1:

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah if you can share the details....taking curves is one of my biggest concerns, maybe you can save me from doing the same one day..

·
Registered
718 Posts
OK

Glad to hear you are OK.............

Now you can sit back look real hard at your baby and see what new items you can put on her.....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sorry to hear that you went down. Hope you heal quickly.

Tina

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks to all of you for your concern and all your kindness, i really appreciate it!! :D as far as the accident; i was traveling on hwy 53 which
is a curvey mountainous road here in georgia and heading towards Dahlonega when we ( there were three of us riding, a harley deuce in
front me in the middle and my russian buddy in his vtx in the back) we approached this curve towards left and slowed to appx. 30 to 35mph
as i entered the curve i down shifted one notch and all the sudden bike was skidding on its side and i was roliing around like a large tumbleweed
( i weigh 250,he he) later my rusky buddy found a small plate of steel right under my rear tire and it was all scraped up, so i believe that as i
downshifted it caught that plate just at the same time and the bike gave no warning at all. ive been riding all in all for 30+ years so i believe had i made an error i would have known it. the real lesson to learn is allways
look at the road condition and for any objects on it, luckily i wasent going fast and carving corners as i like to do occasionally. went to the shop today and she'l need new paint job and a few other parts and ill be on the road again. thank you all again and god bless! reno.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts