Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 4/1/06 went for a ride good day to do that here in ky., went to a leather shop in london ky, pull in got to looking around and they were about 5 or 6 1300 vtx there ,got to talk to some of them seem like a good group of fellows, they ask me if i want to ride with them i said i was going home, so i didn't go with them. ended up riding about 400 miles that day got up today[sunday ] and i went on another little ride about 120 miles. yesterday was my b-day so i've had a good one...do you all think it's rude not to want to ride with people when they ask you? ilike riding alone i'm not one for large groups that way i can ride my speed and stop when i want go where i want but i do like it much better when the mrs. rides ....well i sure love this wkend...trell
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
jim cantrell said:
well 4/1/06 went for a ride good day to do that here in ky., went to a leather shop in london ky, pull in got to looking around and they were about 5 or 6 1300 vtx there ,got to talk to some of them seem like a good group of fellows, they ask me if i want to ride with them i said i was going home, so i didn't go with them. ended up riding about 400 miles that day got up today[sunday ] and i went on another little ride about 120 miles. yesterday was my b-day so i've had a good one...do you all think it's rude not to want to ride with people when they ask you? ilike riding alone i'm not one for large groups that way i can ride my speed and stop when i want go where i want but i do like it much better when the mrs. rides ....well i sure love this wkend...trell


I like to go alone alot.......but now those guys are gonna know yer a liar :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
RRKR said:
I like to go alone alot.......but now those guys are gonna know yer a liar :lol:

Yepper cat's outta the bag and I didn't appreciate being lied too, SORRY we weren't good enough for ya!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:oops: O' yea I wasn't there. ooops! :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
No, man, you weren't being rude. I get asked alot too, I like riding with groups, but not always. When I'm asked though, I always get a phone number or e-mail to keep in touch, you never know when you might be in the mood ,and like this forum, you can get some great ideas from your fellow riders...P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
I had my birthday back in november around thanksgiving, family was out of town, i was off from work, got a new bike....what do you think was on my mind? 8) every chance i get i like to just get out on my own and go everywhere. yeah it's fun to ride in groups, but you usually have to be on someone's schedule. i did a birthday ride to north georgia by myself, had the best time of my life. you got the bike for yourself, remember that. enjoy the rides and happy birthday!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
teezie said:
No, man, you weren't being rude. I get asked alot too, I like riding with groups, but not always. When I'm asked though, I always get a phone number or e-mail to keep in touch, you never know when you might be in the mood ,and like this forum, you can get some great ideas from your fellow riders...P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D
thanks for the wishes didn't know what to say when asked keep your suggestion in mind...trell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RADVTX said:
RRKR said:
I like to go alone alot.......but now those guys are gonna know yer a liar :lol:

Yepper cat's outta the bag and I didn't appreciate being lied too, SORRY we weren't good enough for ya!!!!
well sorry about the lie but it thats i'm not as good as rider as some.....trell
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:oops: O' yea I wasn't there. ooops! :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
I like to ride alone... or, with one or two bros I know (and trust their riding ability). I'm a member of Southern Cruisers, but I don't ride with them much... I just don't like all that "Ride leader, hand signals, tail gunner" stuff & I don't need stupid patches showing how many miles I've ridden? Plus, I never know where I'm gonna ride to anyway. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
I ride with my son and one of his buddies quite a bit, but I really enjoy getting out and going solo wherever the wind blows. That way, there's no schedule to meet, nobody to answer to, and nobody to coordinate with. The more people you've got, the more problems you've got.

Some might think that's selfish, maybe they're right. I've noticed that some people who like large groups also tend to be controlling. That's something I don't need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
I've noticed that some people who like large groups also tend to be controlling. That's something I don't need.
Exactly! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,870 Posts
I've only ridden in a large group once, but I found it to be quite exciting, mainly I guess cuz it was my first group ride. I do see what you mean though cuz I like to control where I go, when and where I stop, and when I go home. It's relaxing to ride alone, but sometimes you want the interaction with our brothers. The one thing I liked the most was when my brother and I would go for rides up in the mountains in Utah; I miss it now cuz he's still there, and I'm nearly 2000 miles away. :cry:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top