Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking that those of us from the westernburbs could met someplace saturday morning for the ride up to Doyles. To my knowledge myself ,loopyg, thelittlewoman will be heading out from the Aurora area. If im correct I have heard it is on 12 so I culd take I-355 to 53 and take 12 and I should run into the parking lot. It looks like a nice ride from here so the more the merrier. :lol:

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Head straight up Hwy 31 to Richmond. 3/4 of the way thru town you'll find Doyle's on your left (heading north).

If you get to Hwy 173 on 31 you've missed it by a couple of blocks.

If you get to Wisconsin you're only 2 blocks too far north... :shock: :p

(OK, that's the Chicago-Spike directions - "2 blocks south of Wisconsin", you're really a couple miles too far north.)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good deal 31 north it is. :lol: After all the talk about Assless chaps I am afraid to ware mine. :lol:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
David's right that 31 is a straight shot...

But... it's a VERY slow ride on a nice Saturday...

I would agree with your original 355/53/12 route.

Either way, I'll join you somewhere.

I'm in Glen Ellyn right by 355 and 38 (Roosevelt).

It'll be a beautiful day. Let's get as many Westernburbers as possible!

If we leave by noon, that should get us there in time.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am still up in the air for going. If I can confirm that I am going I'll hook up with the posse just let me know where y'all are meeting. I should know in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
BigDaddyGWhiz said:
I was just thinking that those of us from the westernburbs could met someplace saturday morning for the ride up to Doyles. To my knowledge myself ,loopyg, thelittlewoman will be heading out from the Aurora area. If im correct I have heard it is on 12 so I culd take I-355 to 53 and take 12 and I should run into the parking lot. It looks like a nice ride from here so the more the merrier. :lol:
I'm leaving around 11:30. 1 hr to get there, eat first then the meeting.

Mark
Rt. 59 & W. Bartlett Rd

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking we could meet by I-355 and 38 around noon ..My number is 630-585-9097 let me know if this is cool. Greg

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Trying to follow 31 into Richmond will get you lost and confused. Route 31 ENDS at the intersection known to us locals as Whiskey Corners. You will know the intersection by the landscaping/nursery place on the southeast corner, the Citgo gas station on the northeast corner and the mini-mart on the northwest corner. Other than the fact that you will now be on US Route 12 rather than IL Route 31 just follow David's directions.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
slim shady said:
stagecombat said:
[chirp. chirp.]

Well, I'll see you all there.

Maybe we can ride back together!
you not taken rt.59?
Slim:

What kind of pipes do you have? Gotta get those!

They just sound awesome - and they'd sound even better on a 1300 single pin crank....

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Well, I got lost..... :oops: ended up on 23 and Bunker Hill Rd. So I decided to turn around and head home. Maybe nexttime

1 - 15 of 15 Posts