Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after her two year battle with cancer my mother finally passed away last night. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

I also managed to lay my X down at 60kph and just got back from 6 hours at the hospital getting my road rash cleaned out.

Oy!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mom passing. I am fortunate that both my folks are still with us. Also sad to hear you had an accident. I hope you recover quickly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry to say that you will get over the road rash, but you will never get over loosing your mom. I lost my mother 2 years ago and hardly a day goes by that I don't think about her. My prayers are with you.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
"The LORD bless you
and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

... all grace to those who grieve and mourn ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Life to you and yours budd.

Try not to ride when the mind is else where !

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother and your accident. Prayers of comfort...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wow. I'm sorry to hear about both ... God Bless and we'll all be thinking about ya ...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I laid a bike down 2 years ago and lost my Mom to cancer last year..
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Be Strong

Carry On

·
Registered
502 Posts
STAY STRONG

THINGS WILL GET BETTER

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hopefully you can fix the scoot. May your heart not carry too large scars and heal with the memory of your Mom. I too lost my mother, but at a very young age. It still seems like yesterday. God bless you and yours, sir. My prayers are with you. :cry:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts for you and your family.

i'm glad you didn't hurt your self real bad.
In deep grief we humans feel like "dashing ourselves with ashes" .....remember that self destruction is not the way to go. Live and live with vigor.

crew: that one is really good, thanks.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
haveme1 said:
I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts for you and your family.

i'm glad you didn't hurt your self real bad.
In deep grief we humans feel like "dashing ourselves with ashes" .....remember that self destruction is not the way to go. Live and live with vigor.

crew: that one is really good, thanks.
:wink:

:crew:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and well wishes.

My mother's passing is a blessing, it's been a long battle with cancer and the recent strokes worked hard to try and rob her of her dignity. Being British she is of course impossible to rob of her dignity, I've never seen someone who could wear a hospital gown like an evening dress before.

She's at peace now and it's taken a great burden off the family, particularly my father so it's all for the best.

My crash?

That was a result of riding when I shouldn't have been and not paying attention when I should have been. The long and the short of it is I lowsided the bike.

Damage to me?

Road rash on my left knee, left hip, left forearm, and left elbow. I also managed to get my right elbow.

It was hot so I was in jeans and a t-shirt doing about 60kph when I went down. The road rash isn't bad and I expect that I'll be out of bandages completely tomorrow. Today was my second change of dressing and everything is healing well though I'll have some asphalt tattoos and with the way I scar a few interestingly coloured patches of skin.

Damage to my bike?

I scratched up the front left turn signal, though it still works.

I scratched up my left tank emblem (better than the paint underneath) and dented the tank every so slightly under the emblem.

I also tore off most of my left peg and bent my highway peg mount a bit.

As well I broke one of the bolts that holds the mounting plate on to the bike.

I tore a hole in the bottom of my saddlebag too.

For fixing things I'm going to upgrade to floorboards I think and perhaps invest in some crash bars.

If anyone has some used turn signals they'd like to donate let me know. . . I know someone probably does from doing upgrades.

I'm not going through insurance because my deductable is $500 and I think I can do the repairs myself cheaper. . . the labour I don't mind putting in as it's all out of love.

Anyway, that's the update.

Ride on and keep the rubber side down. . .

STU

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers folks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.