Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st this morning, I'm warming up my bike when I see that coolant leak again. Turns out the bottom radiator hose is loose, both clamps are only finger tight. (Check yours) well I correct that prob. And head out to work. Being that its rush hour I fig. I'd try a different route today, as I'm tring to determin if the blue bike that just passed by me on the left lane is a VTX or not I see this car almost hit the bike. Apearently the driver needed to make a left at the upcoming intersection and had to merg thru 2 lanes of traffic almost bringing the rider down. Well I finally get on I 355 @ 55th st and head north. I'm doing about 65 along with all of the other traffic when a mustang doing about 90 cuts me off, jumps in my lane about 5 ft. Ahead of me. Well a bit later on 294 this ford escape obviously not seeing me jumps in front of me without signaling. I sound the horn and she hits the breaks. So I had to swerve. I pull up next to her and she mouths off an appoligy. A few miles later a semi on the next lane picks up what appears to be a tree branch about 4 ft long with its tires and sends that thing flying towards me. Well now I'm at work, and to make things from bad to horrible., the train ahead of me (Metra) just hit a kid on a bike playing on the tracks. This day blows. :( sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WOW,the only way it could have been worse is if you weren"t able to talk about it.Guess you got the worst day out of the way...hopefully...rw

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
MONSTERVTX; THAT SUCKS :!: KINDA MAKES YA CHRINGE, BUT LEARN, AND LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY,
CAN'T TRUST ANYONE ONE THE ROAD :!:
KRUT

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
monster, that sucks, I am going to see if I can send you a good one for tomorrow. Well here it gos. Now let me know if that works tomorrow. If it dont, then dont shoot me for trying brother. Sorry about your bad day, but thanks to, because now mine dont seem as bad as I thought.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had my share of cagers changing 3 to 4 lanes at a time trying to make exit ramps yesterday morning. I especially love the ones that are in the left lane forever then realize they need to exit and cut across three lanes of traffic to make the exit.
My day was brightened a bit at the Route 53/Lake Cook road merge. Merging into a single lane to go West on Lake Cook a semi not only blocked off remaining traffic behind me but went off on to the shoulder blocking another cager trying to pass him. Not sure if it was for my benefit or not but I gave a thumbs up and a wave none the less. May have been a return favor after letting him get in front of me earlier.

Good to hear you made through Monster. It's always an adrenline dump driving into work.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
when ever I go to the garage to get my bike ready for a ride and all of a suden I get the voice in side head telling me some thing is wrong I stop and pass on taking out the bike for a ride. I know it's hard to pass on an oppertunity to jump on the X but you have to learn to listen the the voice it can be the differance between life and death.

·
Registered
819 Posts
VTX RUDY said:
when ever I go to the garage to get my bike ready for a ride and all of a suden I get the voice in side head telling me some thing is wrong I stop and pass on taking out the bike for a ride. I know it's hard to pass on an oppertunity to jump on the X but you have to learn to listen the the voice it can be the differance between life and death.
that is the implant the government installed in your skull to [email protected]#$^ with you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey was that a Monday..... :roll: Just thought I would tell ya Monster that I sold the ACE to the first guy that looked at it, the x is great and the wife even raves about it more than me!!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.... Well here's a little update on that deadly accident. It turned out to be a 19 year old on a bike, and not a little kid as we were 1st told (thank God for that, but still unfortunate for the 19 yr old.) You would think that at that age you would have more sense than to go around gates infront of a speeding train. And regardless of what some people might think, we do care. It really affects the train crew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts