Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
In the summer of 2008 I had to get MRI for my knee. It cost me $75 copay.

Spring 2016 I need MRI on my shoulder. Cost - $1,000 What has changed in the last 8 years? Any ideas? :wink2:
Obamacare? >:)

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Doctors get paid by the diagnostic imaging companies to send them patients. 8 years ago the MRI people were asking/convincing doctors of the necessity to utilize this better imaging. Now, with a little pocket lining, they have so many people waiting for MRIs that they can charge accordingly. Like the gas prices, it's a scam. The net cost of the MRI image has actually decreased, the cost to the patient, however ....

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If you really need the service, negotiate beforehand and pay out of pocket
You'll prolly be surprised at the price difference.

The Doctors and Med Service Companies gotta pay for expensive Employees to chase they money then wait a long time for it.
Pay outta pocket and you will get a discount and prolly better service.

As John Stossel advises and I concur from personal experience:
Patients will have a better experience only when more of us spend our own money for care. That's what makes markets work.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/04/20/stossel-have-lung-cancer-medical-care-ive-received-is-excellent-but-customer-service-stinks.html

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
What a Mess...

my Wife.. Obomacare said she should get Medicare.. and Medicare said no she don't....

and Obomacare said 90 days before a review and NO late entry..

so she has No healthcare.. and a 650 dollar penalty coming at the end of the year.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts

Spring 2016 I need MRI on my shoulder. Cost - $1,000 What has changed in the last 8 years? Any ideas? :wink2:
Just had a mri on my shoulder and also one for my neck a week apart. Have not got my bill for either one yet.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

You need to consult @Highway 61 Revisited and get him to tralk you around the subject; he'll correct your obviously errant way to thinking that you should consider your own financial wellbeing above the greater cause. You're just selfish with your money and need to seek psychological help. Just look at how much gall you're displaying; those miraculous healthcare managers require your money so that their lives are rewarded for all the paper shuffling and tralking arounds that they provide.

Some recipient of totally subsidized O'care should slap some sense into you. Just who do you think you are, you wanker.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to consult @Highway 61 Revisited and get him to tralk you around the subject; he'll correct your obviously errant way to thinking that you should consider your own financial wellbeing above the greater cause. You're just selfish with your money and need to seek psychological help. Just look at how much gall you're displaying; those miraculous healthcare managers require your money so that their lives are rewarded for all the paper shuffling and tralking arounds that they provide.

Some recipient of totally subsidized O'care should slap some sense into you. Just who do you think you are, you wanker.
Now that's funny!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I was a little concerned when I started reading but realized what a joke it was at the end. :wink2:

My deceased wife, from Iraq, like using the term "Useless" when displeased. And when really displeased with a man it went to "Totally Useless".
Yes I occasionally heard both. >:)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Maybe there is a higher value placed on your shoulder, than there is on your knee????
Give Obama a call and discuss it personally with him. I'm SURE he has an answer for you.

·
Registered
449 Posts

Has your insurance changed? 8 years ago had you met your deductible? Have you met it this year? Are you sure they billed your insurance? Do you have an HMO? What did EOB state? Could be a variety of different things....more info needed.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I'll tell you what "changed". You got to keep the plan you liked, you got to keep your doctor if you wanted to, and you now save $2500 per year on your family's insurance premiums.

Congratulations!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
We have employer funded/provided insurance and the cost increases for the most part have kept up with everything else up until around 2013.

However things have begun to change in a negative way, outpacing all other inflation related cost increases.

Maybe it's be cause of the increased costs due to having to print and mail out those 1095C forms!

We did not have to meet a deductible in the past .... we just had a per incident copay ... now we have deductibles and such.

Prescriptions in the past were simple ..... $5 or $10.

Now we have to pay a percentage of the cost ...... for some meds it could be less, but we're not that lucky.

What used to cost us $10 say two years ago ...... now costs as much as $130 in one case.

They tell us the increases are due to having to cover dependents in the plan for longer periods.

So because of Obamacare forcing insurers to cover dependent children for a longer period of time ..... somebody has to pay for that, and that somebody is us!

I guess if you have dependent children living in your house up to age 26, you benefit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts