Honda VTX Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I finally get a weekend to install my Draggers by Daytona. But first, I want to repack Vance & Hines on the 1800 (otherwise I'd have to remove the bags to remove the mufflers). So, I got them off, and mission creep set in.
Since the mufflers are off, might as well change the clutch springs (preventative).
Since all those side covers are off, might as well paint the engine.
Engine looks so good I should put some of those shiny bits I been hoarding, er, gathering.
Now my weekend is over, and I still need to put a ton of parts back on. I need a winter for my winter mods.
I'll have pics when it's back together. I know ya'll love pics.
Finally got this back together. As promised, PICS.
Now I need to work on the Black-powder-coating-on-the-fork bits

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got new locks for my LeatherLyke bags and put them back on. Put a stock taillight cover back on. Added a spring and washer to rear brake caliper to hopefully help reduce rattle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got caught riding in the rain :(
Must be spring. I did the same last weekend. Started riding south along the river, knew from radar that I had only about 30-40 minutes if I wanted to stay dry. Just "lost track of time"? Actually, just way too much fun just rolling along nice and easy... soaked. Worth it.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Finished my re-wiring mess, changed coolant, made sure no air/ leaks & fan comes on. Took off the lift, 10 mi. shakedown run. Final buff/ shine. Waiting for local road to dry off before taking to get inspection.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Added my little Pop Top sport shield I had on the wall today. Pretty scratched up, but I've got a "like new" one on the way from eBay. Was just testing fit with some brackets I modified to fit. Added stock taillight cover couple days ago, much better.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger and purchased some Progressive 430's - Black. Got them on and the ride is GREAT. I would post new pics, but you can't see them because of my saddlebags. It's a shame too, because these things are almost works of art!!!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger and purchased some Progressive 430's - Black. Got them on and the ride is GREAT. I would post new pics, but you can't see them because of my saddlebags. It's a shame too, because these things are almost works of art!!!!
I'm envious!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I'm envious!

Very rarely do I get impressed with products that I receive at home, that I've ordered on line. The 430's were a big exception. When I opened the box I thought - OMG, these things are beautiful! And the quality of workmanship was amazing. Like I said, I hate it that they don't show up better on my bike. Almost makes me want to remove the saddlebags!!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Finally got this back together. As promised, PICS.
Now I need to work on the Black-powder-coating-on-the-fork bits
I kinda like the "old school" look of those beehive lights on the bottom of the bags, there. That looks pretty cool, to me. Think vertical and horizontal LED strips might look brighter and better, but to each their own. Still a sharp looking bike!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Installed the recommended 110 CUBIC INCH chrome sticker on my hypercharger. looks good and not overly obvious :)
Like that!

I kinda like the "old school" look of those beehive lights on the bottom of the bags, there. ...
Thanks! I did modify eagle eye led's into those bee hives. They are bright. And, they blink sequentially, compliments of a Mustang turn signal module.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just a nice 2-up ride with the wifey, stopped to get her a new helmet. Always amazed at how a couple bucks gas and a VTX can turn a boring afternoon into a great day

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Added another rivet to the baffle in the exhaust pipe (it had a light rattle) then took it for a quick test ride.
Two hours later and the rattle is still gone.
Better put on another 100 miles tonight, just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just a nice 2-up ride with the wifey, stopped to get her a new helmet. Always amazed at how a couple bucks gas and a VTX can turn a boring afternoon into a great day
Amen to that, just did the same (minus the new helmet).

nate6966 said:
...just to be sure.
:thumbup: :-D :thumbup: Just to be sure!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Yep. Rattle's gone!....
I better ride it again tomorrow. You never can be TOO careful about these things. It's always best to keep testing the repairs and upkeep!

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
last week... using "OOOO" steel wool and White Diamond to the front wheel and lower front forks..

required rest and healing of hands...

yesterday.. removed both saddle bags and using above to do rear wheel... returned saddle bags to there mounts

if it ever warms up and stops raining.... I can go for a ride

sadly my wife Stopped riding with me in 2004.... I do miss that.
but she did ride with me from 1971 to 2004...

201 - 220 of 1319 Posts