Honda VTX Forum banner

881 - 900 of 1340 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Kinda sorta related to my X, visited the pi. He found the batt tender for the X. Quick ride, on a not so nice portion of San Diego freeway! I94 to 125 S, that interchange isn’t mc friendly.

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
The question is: What did someone else do to your VTX today?

This will definitely NOT buff right out. I was the victim of a hit-n-run today while on my way home. A young lady was behind me in stop-n-go traffic and all of a sudden I'm looking at the sky and the bike is going down. When I got up, she started driving around me and had her window down. She asked me if I was okay but kept on driving and turned down a side street and was gone. The lady behind her took off after her and was able to get a picture of the car & plate, and she came back and waited with me for the police to arrive. The officer ran the plate and it came back negative, so she probably had no license and no insurance.

All I got was a very small scrape on my right knee, but the bike suffered the most damage. She hit me on the right saddlebag, and it has some damage (but may be salvageable due to being fiberglass). When the bike went over on its right, the fairing took the brunt of the fall and it's cracked pretty much completely in half with chunks missing. The rear brake lever is bent but still functions, and the right mirror stem bolt was severed in half. And there is a small scrape on the lip of the front fender. The unicorn pipes (aka Dooleys) and custom rear fender weren't even touched. The fairing is out of production, so that may be a lost cause altogether.

She'll be fixed and ridden again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Uggg....
After all that love you put into that bike this year.
Criminals piss me off

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ouch!!!! Glad you are OK Jason, sorry to see your bike in that condition. I'm sure you have the skills to get her back together.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The question is: What did someone else do to your VTX today?

This will definitely NOT buff right out. I was the victim of a hit-n-run today while on my way home. A young lady was behind me in stop-n-go traffic and all of a sudden I'm looking at the sky and the bike is going down. When I got up, she started driving around me and had her window down. She asked me if I was okay but kept on driving and turned down a side street and was gone. The lady behind her took off after her and was able to get a picture of the car & plate, and she came back and waited with me for the police to arrive. The officer ran the plate and it came back negative, so she probably had no license and no insurance.

All I got was a very small scrape on my right knee, but the bike suffered the most damage. She hit me on the right saddlebag, and it has some damage (but may be salvageable due to being fiberglass). When the bike went over on its right, the fairing took the brunt of the fall and it's cracked pretty much completely in half with chunks missing. The rear brake lever is bent but still functions, and the right mirror stem bolt was severed in half. And there is a small scrape on the lip of the front fender. The unicorn pipes (aka Dooleys) and custom rear fender weren't even touched. The fairing is out of production, so that may be a lost cause altogether.

She'll be fixed and ridden again.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

That sucks. I hope they can track her down.

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
UPDATE: The POWER of social media!!!! 👍

I received a message through FB this morning from an “anonymous” person who recognized the car. This person knew where she lived, and the car was there this morning! She has been caught and is on her way to jail! She had an outstanding warrant out of Fort Bend County for drug possession, and the officer smelled it in her car today...so she was probably high yesterday when she hit me. I am pressing charges and will hopefully get her insurance info from the officer this afternoon...hoping she had coverage.

·
Registered
704 Posts
UPDATE: The POWER of social media!!!! 👍

I received a message through FB this morning from an “anonymous” person who recognized the car. This person knew where she lived, and the car was there this morning! She has been caught and is on her way to jail! She had an outstanding warrant out of Fort Bend County for drug possession, and the officer smelled it in her car today...so she was probably high yesterday when she hit me. I am pressing charges and will hopefully get her insurance info from the officer this afternoon...hoping she had coverage.

Good news!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Took my special needs daughter on a 200+ mile ride. I thought I had ridden all of the Farm to Market roads in my part of Texas. I found a couple I missed. Great ride.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
UPDATE: The POWER of social media!!!!

Jason glad your ok that's the the first thing I care second was for your Dolley's pipe glad they have no scratch on
Hope you can trace that stupid driver

Richard

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Replaced the headlight rim or ring or whatever as it only had one screw holding that plastic thing on. Replaced the bulb (Silver Star Ultra) while there. Probably should go with the Daymaker but since it is not my main tourer anymore with limited night time use not such a big issue.

Replaced the front brake light switch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Adjusted stearing stem again..... 3rd time....
Since replacing the bearings and using the torque recommended I've had a high speed wobble. Went tighter and it got somewhat worse. Bought a fishing scale to measure the pull and loosened it up and it is really close now.

Used a fishing scale and got it close but without taking the headlight off, all the wires etc cause some interface with the measurements.

One more time and I should have it right on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did a coolant flush, oil change, new throttle push/pull cables, new brakes, new rear tire, new air filter, and polished front and rear wheels off the bike, checking bearings during the process. Feels good to know how to do your own work and stick it to the overcharging shops.
Eyeballing an MTC clutch swap soon. Hard to find a price though.

38k miles and still feels like the honeymoon.

Attachments

881 - 900 of 1340 Posts