Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
fixed the rattle with the rubber grommet on the heat shield. Hope i put it on right, it was a bugger. Put the new heel-toe shifter on last weekend.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I plumbed in tubing for an additional 2.5 gallon tank for the rack. Should get me in the 225-240 mile range before reserve.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Finally admitted it was over for 2016. Treated the gas with Seafoam and rolled her into the heated basement.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Decap mod with pair mod. Also while I was in there I did the scar mod. Stock pilot 55, 198, main along with .030 shim under needle. Starts awesome in coldish weather 45F no choke no hitting the accelerator pump. I only have about 30 mines in this configuration but the weather has been chilly at best so I will put miles on this weekend as I'm off.
WooT!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Yesterday was pretty nice 72 and raining, which was a nice break from the 30 and 40 degree temps we've been having. So I went down to the garage to do some of those bike maintenance stuff you know needs to be done but seldom take time to do during riding season. I went through and re-torques some nuts and bolts, checked for exhaust leaks, dialed in my idle with the rpm to around 1100 which seemed high compared to the specs which indicate +/-900, but 900 seemed very low and the engine didn't sound right. 1100 that baby purred like a kitten, smooth, no knocking... I figured the rpm meter must be off or the new exhaust just prefers a higher rpm.

Additionally, I adjusted the fairing which was a little off canter and re-tightened the braces to keep it from sliding. I even put a little clear pvc gel on them to keep them from vibrating loose. I can't remember who I picked that little tip up from:thumbup:. Since I had the fairing off I also put some gorilla glue around the the bolt holders in the fairing because I had a problem with one twisting when I tried to remove the bolt and take off the fairing. I ended up removing the speaker to get to the bolt holder and holding it with a pair of vise grips while I unscrewed it. Lesson learned, "Don't put Loctite on every thing". I re-checked all the wiring in the fairing to make sure all the electrical connections and speaker wiring were tight. I also added a SiriusXM SXV300 adapter to my headunit.

Now if I can just find a good pair of passenger floorboards at a reasonable price and install the back seat, I think this project will finally be finished :tools1:

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
only thing I have done to my 1800.. Saturday, 12/17/16 went for a ride.... 320 miles in 30mph winds... temp between 80 and 90..

Polar Vortex... arrived Saterday night.. Sunday am was 39........... 91 to 39 in 12 hours.
today High.. Monday is 42....

Where all the motorcycles in South Texas... ???????????? WHERE!!!!! seen 5 bikes all day.

need to find a MS batwing ... soon. getting OLD. me not the bike.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Fabricating new travel rack to accommodate extra fuel tank, tent and travel bag. Getting pretty long so I might need some extra support. As cold as it is I might have to find some additional projects.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
1800 made the trip to it's new home 50 mile ride at 24 degrees.
1300 got the final drive and wheel put back on battery charging and getting ready for it's trip.
Then all the other crap i have gets moved next week.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Replaced my 3 led H4 bulb(poor high beam) with a 4 led H4 bulb.
The extra led is 180° from the other 3 leds, this one led lights up the bottom half of the reflector.
A vast improvement on the high beam.
>>I had found a "Daymaker" led at a great price a month ago, then forgot about it until after I ordered the h4 led bulb.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Hans, do you have a link to your new H4? Thanks, Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
52 Posts

Work in progress. Long list of winter tasks.
Regular maintenance
PC3 + K&N filter
LED-headlight relpacement
Saddlebags with quick release
Make the shinny bits shinny again
Etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

Regular maintenance
PC3 + K&N filter
Etc.

PC5 is a better choice for fuel management.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know. But my bike is 03. In 03 they had to use PC3. And it worked fine. I bought an old stock PC3 for 100 bucks. A PC5 would set me back 300+.
I'm not looking for a race bike. Just an improvement in combination with K&N and cobra's, is fine with me.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I know. But my bike is 03. In 03 they had to use PC3. And it worked fine. I bought an old stock PC3 for 100 bucks. A PC5 would set me back 300+.
I'm not looking for a race bike. Just an improvement in combination with K&N and cobra's, is fine with me.

I understand your choice I put the PC5 on my 03 and tuned myself getting up to 49 mpg the pc3 you might get 35 mpg.

·
Registered
618 Posts

Mother-in-law in town.
Celebrated with adjusting the valves.
Kept me in the garage all day.
'08 N3.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Regular maintenance
PC3 + K&N filter
Etc.

Welcome from Affligem, Belgium. I will send you a PM to become member of the Dutch VTX riders club: http://vtx1800-vrienden.kicks-ass.net/
Best regards,
Pieter

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know. It's not as slick as waterjet cut and computer designed. It's copieed from a picture on the net. Cut out with a fretsaw. Have to tidy it up a bit and put some mesh behind it.
Proud of the results.

81 - 100 of 1318 Posts