Honda VTX Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a daymaker LED headlight from a while back and just bought an adjustable bracket from https://www.vtxdaymaker.com Installed it today, really nice product and put together well. I am VERY happy with it and would recommend anyone who is looking for a daymaker type headlight to get a full kit from them. Quality company, great service and super fast shipping etc. Couldn't ask for anything else.
I had the same experience with them! I love my Daymaker!

I finally got her naked! :wink2: Spent the last couple of days getting everything off the bike, well-packed and boxed up. Tomorrow (today actually) everything will be headed to BD's Cycles! Now to get the other stuff off and sent to chrome & powder coat. I ran out of boxes and will have to get the tank packed & boxed at the postal center.
Ha! Love the APC box!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a daymaker LED headlight from a while back and just bought an adjustable bracket from https://www.vtxdaymaker.com Installed it today, really nice product and put together well. I am VERY happy with it and would recommend anyone who is looking for a daymaker type headlight to get a full kit from them. Quality company, great service and super fast shipping etc. Couldn't ask for anything else.
gotta pic?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed a X-creen_Sport

Put one of these little add a windshield from twistedthrottle.com on existing Cowel bug screen windshield. These thingsg are fully adjustable. I've had them on 2 other bikes and they work awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had a feeling that the pressure in my back tire was low. Before leaving for a 100 miles trip this morning I checked it and yes, it was at 28psi. I aired up untill 32 psi and I must say that my Honda VTX 1300 gives a better ride with a higher tire pressure.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Had a feeling that the pressure in my back tire was low. Before leaving for a 100 miles trip this morning I checked it and yes, it was at 28psi. I aired up untill 32 psi and I must say that my Honda VTX 1300 gives a better ride with a higher tire pressure.
32 psi is too low of tire pressure.

read the below thread, it's one of many threads about air pressure found with a search.
https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/5-general-mc-message-board/428785-tire-pressure.html

tires should be 38-40 psi, is the consensus.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Installed Glen's Clutch Pull Relief (CPR) Kit today, took about 30 mins total taking my time. Then took a 50mi ride up to the woods, stopped off at several pull-offs testing clutch action, talked to some other bikers, one Harley and the other was a Honda 1000cc naked bike (2019), tried their clutches. Mine was smoother than both, especially the harley (1993 but looked great and ran awesome).

Very nice, makes the clutch very easy to pull, i highly recommend this Mod :thumbup:. I'd say it takes about half the pressure it used to pull clutch. Very little adjustment needed after install, friction zone the same same spot it was.
Lever free-play is per honda spec. No loss of prior adjustability. No downside whatsoever, it's ALL good! Five Stars! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Washed and detailed the Bike on 9/17, so i am working my list down of things to do to the bike.:eek:8)

Pics: (2nd pic is what's left of the Rivet that was removed, included removal tool worked like a charm.)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
Installed Glen's Clutch Pull Relief (CPR) Kit today, took about 30 mins total taking my time. Then took a 50mi ride up to the woods, stopped off at several pull-offs testing clutch action, talked to some other bikers, one Harley and the other was a Honda 1000cc naked bike (2019), tried their clutches. Mine was smoother than both, especially the harley (1993 but looked great and ran awesome).

Very nice, makes the clutch very easy to pull, i highly recommend this Mod :thumbup:. I'd say it takes about half the pressure it used to pull clutch. Very little adjustment needed after install, friction zone the same same spot it was.
Lever free-play is per honda spec. No loss of prior adjustability. No downside whatsoever, it's ALL good! Five Stars! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Washed and detailed the Bike on 9/17, so i am working my list down of things to do to the bike.:eek:8)

Pics: (2nd pic is what's left of the Rivet that was removed, included removal tool worked like a charm.)
I've had my CTR (the original one made by cybrhick: Clutch Tension Relief) on for a long time now, and it is nice having the reduced effort...especially in stop-n-go traffic.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've had my CTR (the original one made by cybrhick: Clutch Tension Relief) on for a long time now, and it is nice having the reduced effort...especially in stop-n-go traffic.
I have some Arthritis in my left hand arm and shoulder, this install will help.
Looks like cybrhick closed down shop years ago, couldnt find any links showing what the product looked like. My how time flies....

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
I have some Arthritis in my left hand arm and shoulder, this install will help.
Looks like cybrhick closed down shop years ago, couldnt find any links showing what the product looked like. My how time flies....
2011 picture date, looks like 07 on the picture..
Home made clutch lever extender, works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Today I went for a 80 miles tour on my 1300R with some friends.
After about 10 miles into the ride, my rear brake stopped working. Pulled over to check the brake fluid level and it was ok. A little bit high even.
I thaught screw it, i still have my front brake and started driving again to catch up with my friends.
After a while I noticed the rear brake functioning again. Later during the ride I noticed that I was constantly pressing the rear brake unknowingly. So probably the rear brake faded earlier because of the heat build up. Does anyone had the same experience?
By the way, the rear brake worked fine during the rest of the ride!

1141 - 1160 of 1319 Posts