Honda VTX Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
As my VTX 1300R from 2006 finally hit 8000 miles I checked the valves last saturday. All six valves had to much slack. So I adjusted them and did the pair mod immedaitly. As Hans &feet suggested I did not buy plates but sealed up the hoses. In another post I will explain the way I sealed them.
The next day me and the mrs. went on a 240 km drive with friends. Before the valves adjustment and the pair mod, the bike would run 17 km on one liter of fuel with me alone on it 20191010_110218_1571240387151.jpg . With my wife on the back the bike went 19 km on one liter. Before the end of the ride the Harleys in the group were in need of gas while my Honda VTX had enough fuel to finish the ride without even touching the reserve.

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
I did replace exhaust gasket and I do have a new fuel shut off diaphragm and spring
Did you re-check the torque on the exhaust nuts after riding ~50-100 miles? What jets/slide spring did you put in when you put it back to stock exhaust and airbox?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Rode up to the lake area for lunch. strange looking dude with long lanky legs was hanging around..:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's a picture of my 1800 C. I love it! I also like the brown leather because it stands out. It gives it then vintage look. On top of that if you look around there are not many motorcycles with brown seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used 195 main and 55 idle .I also used the spring that was with the slide , but now I'm thinking about the cut off tit on spring holder . Wondering if that made a difference. Thank Richard

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
I used 195 main and 55 idle .I also used the spring that was with the slide , but now I'm thinking about the cut off tit on spring holder . Wondering if that made a difference. Thank Richard
Were they the stock Keihin jets? That extra clipping of the tit shouldn't be affecting anything, as long as the small spring is still on the tit to keep tension on the needle head.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Won't be long now...these should ship out next week. :grin2:

I'm gonna hafta get me a new laptop, on my screen those tins STILL look orange!! :wink2: :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
Won't be long now...these should ship out next week. :grin2:

I'm gonna hafta get me a new laptop, on my screen those tins STILL look orange!! :wink2: :thumbup:
:lol: Don't waste your money...I gotta feeling it's not the laptop. :grin2:

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I rode it this morning to work. 36 miles one way, 80mph for 3/4 of the trip. Still warming up. It was 32 degrees in the southern part of New Mexico. I stopped for gas before getting on the highway. One guy at the station said I was a real bad ass for riding today. Well at least the winds are finally in the single digits. It was so cool that my turn signal switch got stiff. Ok enough of that. It will be 70 degrees when I head home. Yeah

·
Registered
460 Posts
Took an 88 mile jaunt through through Scottsdale into Phoenix to meet someone then the long way around back through my stomping grounds in the Tonto Nat'l Forest, got some good sun and the weather was like i ordered it out of a catalog. That, plus timing it to totally avoid congestion traffic made it a sweet ride. It's my Birthday today so i gave myself a break and enjoyed it like a vacation. Yep, the big 62:thumbup:

Oh, and my left arm got a lot of exercise waiving at the other bikes.

1201 - 1220 of 1319 Posts