Honda VTX Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1346 Posts

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
A short ride this evening. Rare for me to get a ride in the first day of the year.
5:20 PM 55*F, 26 miles, 6:00 PM 50*F A short ride on the VTX. Old winter gloves are worn out.
5,924 miles for 2019, better than the last two years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I JUST BUYED A VTX 1800 R , so happy with the tons of torque, it have vance and hines exhaust system and power commander, also an hypercharger .... a question.. wich is the best engine oil for it ?

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went to the garage and gently wiped it down and talked to it so it didn't get lonely. It has not been the best weather here lately. :(

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
I went for a ride... 130 short miles.

rained all yesterday and last night.... roads were damp.. with wet spots when we departed...

mostly cloudy.. some wind... 58 when we hit the bricks... 68 when we returned.

·
Registered
73 Posts
12/31/19 Rode 22 miles then changed the oil and filter. 1/1/20 removed seats and pulled old battery out. Waiting for new battery to arrive. Pulled windshield and cleaned off the old bugs so I can start a new collection for this year . 1/3/20 Still waiting for new battery....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take your time, i just asked Alexa what the weather is in Albuquerque NM, she said 23 degrees with a high of 41 around 3pm today.
Yes, it has been cold. Although not my favorite time to ride. I still ride in the cold. When I lived up in York, PA there were times I was the only one on a bike out riding in 20 degree weather. One time I did it back in 2010 and I was the only person riding or driving, through the Gettysburg Battlefields. It was kinda spooky and somber. I have done a couple of 1000 mile Butt Burners when temps were below 40 as well. Again, not pleasant, but the expression on peoples faces as you pass them is priceless sometimes. My bike should be done in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Weather is finally breaking, got to be 70 yesterday took an afternoon ride and came across a group of Canadian riders. Felt good, and boy i needed it. Bike is running really well. :thumbup:

Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Weather turned back, high of 60 today :crying::eek:8)

BTW, when i met those Canadian Riders back on Tuesday they told me they rode to Payson AZ where the high was about 45 degrees. The elevation in Payson is 6500ft and where we were standing in the pic the elevation is 1200 feet.

So finally getting a 70 degree day in the valley they chose to ride to where it was much colder :nerd::laugh:. They should have rode to Tucson....

I told them it probably felt "Balmy" to them (being Canadians). :grin2:

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
Found some chrome doo dads while I was looking for the seat brackets...:grin2: ....also talked to a yard man to cut my yard...so I can devote all my health to riding this summer...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I hope you get well soon.
Merry Christmas, hope all is better tomorrow.

Thanks Hans.

I had one of those cold/flu things that just would not completely go away. I had it off and on for weeks. Finally a few days after Christmas I felt better.

I have been riding some these last couple of weeks. Rode yesterday as a mater of fact. None have been long due to being busy and still have some issues with my shoulder. It was supposed to have been fixed two years ago. But the nerves in my neck started giving me trouble again. September 3 I had C4-7 fusion job done on it. No problems for that surgery but I understand it takes a long time for the nerves to heal. So now we are trying to decide is it the nerves acting up of something mechanical in my shoulder.

I hope I get it all under control as I have a trip to Newfoundland and Labrador planned for the summer and maybe Utah in late spring.

What can I say? I am just getting old. Just turned 71 January 2.

·
Registered
517 Posts
With temps in the 50's it's hard to be motivated to ride. why not save the gas for a nicer day, i tell myself.

i'm not happy with the situation. whoa is me :eek:

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
With temps in the 50's it's hard to be motivated to ride. why not save the gas for a nicer day, i tell myself.

i'm not happy with the situation. whoa is me :eek:
Heck, that's flip-flop, shorts & t-shirt ridin' weather around these parts...unless it's raining...then I throw my swim trunks on in case I get wet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Completed a few items on the X:

Rear Brake Pads
Cleaned Start Switch
Cleaned Turn Signal lever
Replaced stock horn with similar Wolo version.
Installed Kury Triple Tree Chrome cover, been sitting around in the package for several years. Actually adds a good touch of chrome to that area.

A few pics of the switches as they looked removed. Original Honda grit.
Was careful not to loose the tiny parts involved, they move very smooth now.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Took a ride late morning, it was 65 degrees, wore the Joe Rocket jacket and full helmet, felt good to ride, talked to a couple other retired bikers. Sat out in the sun at granite reef recreation area for awhile, needed the vitamin d. At the end i wished i wasn't wearing a FF helmet and the jacket. Tomorrow and Wednesday will get into the 70's i'll be riding lite...

Bikes should be cool enough to give it a good wipe down, already have the cleaner spray and towels ready near the bike.

over and out

ADDED:

Wiped her down GOOOOOOD.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: No wonder i've been so cold lately, didn't do any work... i'm sweatin' with my shirt off now... lol

1281 - 1300 of 1346 Posts