Honda VTX Forum banner

1301 - 1318 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
won't let me delete this extra post...
There is a "Check box" you have to click on to delete. Try again!

I decided to trial a delete and I could not find the delete button.

Maybe a freeze prior to the new version.

Who knows. One admin said yesterday was the upgrade.
But the first thread posted mentioned Jan 20.
---------------------------------------------------------
We are Going Live!! VTXOA admin Yesterday 03:31 PM(1/12/2020)https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/81-site-issues/467194-we-going-live.html#post4626360
Dear Community Members,
Today is the migration day! We are almost at the starting line and really excited for you to experience the new community platform.
As a reminder, the site will be put into maintenance and read-only mode while the migration is underway until completion. We will post a message once the migration is complete and the site is back up. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions.
Thank you
~ Community Support
------------------------------
01-08-2020, 03:16 PM Thread Starter VTXOA admin Administrator VTXOA admin's Avatar
Dear Community Members,

Next post> https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/81-site-issues/467132-we-moving.html#post4625838
01-08-2020, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
We are excited to announce that Vtxoa.com will be migrated to our new platform on Monday, January 20th.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know about the delete button, but on that particular post when i went to edit the "delete" button wasn't there, i tried about 5 times.

It may have to do with i had originally quoted myself (my prior post), saved it, then edited it again to remove the text from the initial post, then saved it, then went in to delete...and the delete button wasn't there. It was like the system was saying "FU" .... lol can't really blame it....lol

ADDED 1-14-20

Hans, I must not have read your entire post which explained that it's likely a transition issue.
Pretty much solves that mystery. Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
2003 VTX1800c. Bought it in Nov 1046 miles. I’ve put 400 on it and starting this past weekend changed oil and filter, FD oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, new tires, tested the FPR (working fine) and replaced vacuum hose on it. Runs great.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got my wheels back from powder coaters on Tuesday, I dremel cut them yesterday. Also, installed new All Balls wheel bearings front and rear. Will be installing black Progressive 440's 11 1/2" rear shocks today. Avon Cobra Chrome tyres on order...still waiting on rotors from polishers.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Got my wheels back from powder coaters on Tuesday, I dremel cut them yesterday. Also, installed new All Balls wheel bearings front and rear. Will be installing black Progressive 440's 11 1/2" rear shocks today. Avon Cobra Chrome tyres on order...still waiting on rotors from polishers.
Nice. I thought I saw somewhere that for wheel bearings should be OEM Honda. I have no experience, but I thought I read it somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice. I thought I saw somewhere that for wheel bearings should be OEM Honda. I have no experience, but I thought I read it somewhere on this forum.
I have read the same posts. Many it is preference. I've used them on the past 2 VTX's (this is #3). My 06 1800R was rode 50,000 miles on the All Balls, before sale. Rode that bike all the way to Calais, ME and all of New England states and back, passing through the Cherohala Skyway, the Dragon and Moonshiners 28. ...this was done when the bike already had about 45,000 miles on the All Balls.>:)

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Two Georgia State parks: High Falls and Indian Springs.
High Falls had high water flow over the dam and 991 ft downriver were rock and boulders creating wind and mist. Whitewater!
Jackson Lake Dam was running over.
80 miles and a short hike.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
rode yesterday, 240 miles.

20% change of rain... I found it 4 times.

bike is a mess.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Where i mostly am, in and around the Tonto National Forest

Pics with me in it are at the Sycamore Creek Trailhead (yesterday) and the other pic with the mountain is at Granite Reef recreation area (saturday). Both location can be google mapped to see the surrounding area.

It's like my backyard really, 15-20 miles away is where the Tonto Forest begins.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Been Riding and loving it! View attachment 169329
Damn, those are some shiny wheels! (y)

What I did to my VTX this weekend was obviously not enough. :(
I cleaned her up some but compared to yours, she's still dirty as a whore. I gotta break out the aluminum polish and go to town on my wheels. Maybe this week (should be cold and rainy so a good excuse).
I was perfectly happy half-assing the cleaning of my VTX until you posted your picture. Now look what you've done! :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Where are you? Nice place out in the desert. Found out how to edit a post. 3 dots near timestamp.
You can barley see them in the pic, but while i was sitting on the edge of that picnic table taking the pic of the mountain/butte, two young ladies in cheerleader outfits walked between me and the mountain and started to a Photo Shoot, several poses and obviously trying to act cute. They were jumping and riding piggyback etc.... lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Damn, those are some shiny wheels! (y)

What I did to my VTX this weekend was obviously not enough. :(
I cleaned her up some but compared to yours, she's still dirty as a whore. I gotta break out the aluminum polish and go to town on my wheels. Maybe this week (should be cold and rainy so a good excuse).
I was perfectly happy half-assing the cleaning of my VTX until you posted your picture. Now look what you've done! :D
Thanks, but truth told, i didn't detail the wheels that day i said i would, I rode instead. Now i REALLY want to clean the wheels..lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was in much need of a Brake replacement for both front and rear. It was pretty bad. I've been wearing a full faced helmet with tunes built in a lot lately and it wasn't till this Saturday riding with my half helmet that I heard how bad it had gotten. I really need to think about replacing the rotors but I can get by. I want my next job to be rebuilding the forks.

1301 - 1318 of 1318 Posts