Honda VTX Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1346 Posts

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
70 deeegreees......Yay me got a ride in...first ride since eye surgery back in sept....bike took a minute to crank....but as usual ran/rode like a fresh jar of skippy.... (y) (y)...I could get use to this....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad you went for a run.
Mine is still apart waiting on the fuel line. Completed the Pare Valve Mod today.

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
101 VTX miles today in sunny 70 degree weather. RTE to Madison, GA on the back roads.
It still amazes how for me a ride of just 100 miles might take 3 hours....its like time stands still... ;) how cool is that...

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Temp was 70 Saturday. Did a brief ride. Was therapeutic just to ride an cracking the throttle put a smile on my face that could not we wiped off, lol..

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Cleaning and polishing.
Jugs are looking good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still looking for a 17 inch front wheel. Tons of 18 inch on ebay, but only two 17 inch wheels. One is gouged and the other is 389.00, $30 less then a new one. That guy is dreaming!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Rode to Jakes Corner for lunch a few days ago, temp was 76 degrees. After seeing the sign on the building i kept a close eye on my Bike..😉 130 mile round trip, really nice views and mountain twisties on the way.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Out on the bike all afternoon, met up with a nice Canadian couple and showed then some of the local sites. Ridden 5 out of the last 7 days. Met a few other bikers too, lots of bike out today.

took a few pics, wore the vest today.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
I bought my 1800 vtx r2 ( i know r for retro, but what is the 2 stand for??? )

injured and dirty ( the bike ) , i am doing soemthing on it everyday.....

it came with one side torn up saddle, with parts in, i hand stitched the leather back on, looked great after that with two saddles instead of one only

also, came with missing air breather cover and filter.
i bought the filter and since i dont know what goes in there, except for the hard chromum missing cover , i think i am also in need of the plastic housing...

while poking around the bottom of breather, just like you i noticed that there is some gewy oily fluid seeping out of the lower rubber hose from the bottom.... i panicked
until i saw your posting and read replies, as this is normal and frankly sounds like honda could have done much better design than to to let crank hose drain in air filter....

anyway, my next operation on my vtx is figure out the F1 flashing light on dashboard thing
seems like i am going to be busy with this thing for a while

Dan
There is a code to the fi light flashing.

if you post the number of times it flashes we can help diagnose.
My bet is a bad o2 sensor plug. If the bike had an accident that can often get knocked off.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
OK, not today... Thursday 2/13/20, cloudy, high of 70... 20mph winds.
220 miles.. 100 miles out for lunch... 120 miles returned a different way.

Firday.. covered bike.. and will wait till Thursday again.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Naturally i rode today, had to put the brakes through the test... they passed..but it will take me a few rides to regain full confidence in the rear brakes...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
A few days ago I detailed it. Monday I took my daughter for a short ride, 420 miles. Today I changed the oil and filter, bled the brakes, and replaced the pads. Man, those speed bleeders make the job easy. Next will be to upgrade my two auxiliary H-4 headlights (mounted in place of the fog/passing lights). Next week my VTX Daymaker should be in so I'll install it in place of my stock headlight. After 140,000 miles I guess it is time to upgrade the lights.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Beautiful ride today, the old girl ran like a champ. Bike likes to be ridden decisively, no puttzing... was out from 1:30 till close to 5.
Later in the ride coming out of the Lake there is a fairly steep straight incline so as i climbed out there was a Harley bagger down at the stop sign. I had to hold the hill while asking if he was ok etc. His riding friends were getting the bike up with him as i rode up.
Could have gone around but waited and ended up riding all the way back as the sweep. Great great ride today before that i met some other guys there to party, cool people, i hope they were 21. and i rode the entire area like it was a technical track at elevated but safe speeds.

its gonna be 79 tomorrow, please don't hate me guys, you'll get your turn😎

1321 - 1340 of 1346 Posts