Honda VTX Forum banner

1521 - 1526 of 1526 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
[QUOTE="WheelsJr
She wouldn’t start this morning for the first time since I’ve had her. Low battery.
[/QUOTE]
After just 8 hours on a 2-amp trickle then just sitting out of the bike for a week til I got around to it, she fired right like she should. Rode to work.

Now, I have a curiosity question- how does the fuel pump work? This is the first time I started the bike with the seat off and noticed what seems to be a 3-second cycle of a solonoid. It’s audible and is also visible in the air bubble inside the fuel filter. Is that a periodic pull of fuel into the pump? Normally the solonoid is closed not letting in fuel? Would maybe make sense if this is why I don’t need to have the habit of closing petcock (though I am starting to do so regularly).

I say curiosity question, as I have read the advice of several of you veterans that I should bypass the pump and go to gravity feed. It’s on my list to do. But, I appreciate a chance to learn.

(Edit) I took a 5-second video that shows 2 cycles, but don’t think I can attach video

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What did you do to your VTX today?
Filled her up for $3.60 (3 gallons) so that I can ride more.
It's getting harder to ride these days in our weather. Still not over 90 but 89F and the brutal southern sun cook you fast while sitting still in dumbass traffic.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Rebuilt front & rear brake calipers. Bled the rear brakes & burped the coolant system on the rebuild.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Rode it 1.5 mi. up & back to get it inspected. Then I parked it since it's supposed to be wet the next week, and lots cooler than the 80 we hit today. I have a new Daymaker to install once my back loosens up, and then rewire my Wolo, before doing any riding.

1521 - 1526 of 1526 Posts