Honda VTX Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1602 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,542
With sorrow I have to report that I sold my VTX tonight. But if anyone still needs decals or custom etchwork done you can still hit me up at SouthernGlassEtching on FB or message me here. I will still maintain my account in case I get another VTX in the future. Thanks for all the info over the years everyone!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just put rear brake pads on.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looked at the bike for the first time since i injured my back one month ago 5/13/20.

Started immediately, just like i hadn't stopped riding, ran quite well. Checked the bike over, added a few pounds of air in the tires (brought them up to 39/40). wiped down the tank and exhaust, Checked air cleaner, wiped cover off good. I almost rode to fill her up but decided today wasn't the day, maybe tomorrow. Oh i'll be riding again, no question about it. Ran it for about 15mins (i know its not a good thing) but i had to.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Continued working on the carb on the 1300. Just need to get those damned stripped bolts out. :mad:

Inspected the tires, brakes [front o.k./rear due soon] and fluids on the 1800. Ordered 3 fuel hoses: 1 to replace damaged, 2 just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Got my new headlight trim ring, gasket. Mounted the Daymaker, still can't get it exactly centered, but with a few shims in the right side mounting screw, I have it pretty close. Need to take it out in the dark to see how far off it might be.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I rode today! First time out since 5-13-20 when i hurt my back lifting something very heavy, being 6'5" didn't help in this case (angle of lifting).

Anyway, Rode to QT and filled up with fuel, saw some riders there who informed me that my usual area to ride is closed down due to the "Bush Fire". Rt 87 (Beeline hwy) and Bush Hwy are closed off and even before Saguaro Lake. The intersection of Bush Hwy and Usery Pass Rd is closed off, can't ride any further. I knew there was a Wildfire further north east but it had grown to 14,000 acres since i originally found out. :oops:😢

So i only did about 20 miles riding around Apache Junction, temps were already approaching 100 degrees.
At least i filled up with fresh fuel and cycled the carb a few times with fresh gas.

Great to break the no-riding cycle and my back was good when i got home, i would say i am 80% recovered and ready to ride. Next ride i will go much earlier in the morning when it's cooler.

I rarely drink Coffee anymore, but today i did before i left today it helped me from putting-off the first ride, got me going (Instant coffee). (y)

Not sure how long my stomping grounds will be closed off due to the fire, will have to think of alternative riding spots in the meantime. Still i am proud to have ridden today. 😁

Bush Fire: :( Saguaro lake will emerge unaffected is my guess, but the entire area its closed off (including even more so, the sycamore creek trailhead (87 and Bush hwy)......)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well I have 2 of them now. My 08 is doing well. I acquired a 2002 VTX1800 C by the name of Frankenstein, built by Shawn up in the New England area back in the mid 2000 to 2015. Anyhow, I am tearing him down and building him back together...more to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Pulled at the carb parts out of their soak. Only need the AF screw to put it back together. Can't wait to test ride her.

Replaced the fuel air hose on the 1800.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well I have 2 of them now. My 08 is doing well. I acquired a 2002 VTX1800 C by the name of Frankenstein, built by Shawn up in the New England area back in the mid 2000 to 2015. Anyhow, I am tearing him down and building him back together...more to come.
(y) Followed Shawn and "Frank" on the Cafe for a long time and through different stages/transformations. Very happy to see Frank has a new home....
tom

·
Registered
507 Posts
(y) Followed Shawn and "Frank" on the Cafe for a long time and through different stages/transformations. Very happy to see Frank has a new home....
tom
Shawn did a fine job on Ole Frank and he did a great job recording his build over the years on the VTX Cafe. In fact. I copied and pasted the entire build/pictures to PDF and will be using it as a manual of sorts with the tear down and rebuild. I maintain contact with Shawn and he continues to be helpful with the project. The plan is to tear him down, rebuild the forks (seals, fluid, bearings), install a MTC clutch, polish the triple tree, re-powder parts, re-paint the engine and cut the engine fins, new lines, remove the LED's, considering powder coating the wheels black and most likely have the tank repaired and re-paint Ole Frank black with marblization (similar to his current paint). Pretty much just freshen him up...he's a great bike right now, just hasn't had the proper attention given to him...more to come "Phantom of Frankenstein".

seb

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What did you do to your VTX today?
Not much. For a while.
Too hot outside.
But it was cool this morning (80F) so I took her for a quick spin to the pharmacy. Felt great!

Once I can find someone to swap my 1800C floorboards for the stock footpegs, I'd be definitely doing something to my VTX. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Shawn did a fine job on Ole Frank and he did a great job recording his build over the years on the VTX Cafe. In fact. I copied and pasted the entire build/pictures to PDF and will be using it as a manual of sorts with the tear down and rebuild. I maintain contact with Shawn and he continues to be helpful with the project. The plan is to tear him down, rebuild the forks (seals, fluid, bearings), install a MTC clutch, polish the triple tree, re-powder parts, re-paint the engine and cut the engine fins, new lines, remove the LED's, considering powder coating the wheels black and most likely have the tank repaired and re-paint Ole Frank black with marblization (similar to his current paint). Pretty much just freshen him up...he's a great bike right now, just hasn't had the proper attention given to him...more to come "Phantom of Frankenstein".

seb
Sounds like a great plan and will help you and Frank get to know each other ;) Will be watching for a build thread -- best of luck (y)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds like a great plan and will help you and Frank get to know each other ;) Will be watching for a build thread -- best of luck (y)
[/QUOT

We are getting intimate...just ordered a MTC clutch, fork seals and bushings, steering bearings and wheel bearings. Off to a good start

·
Registered
942 Posts
Snuck out of work yesterday afternoon, since I’m being forced to work from home, it wasn’t that difficult. Joined up with 30 other riders to do a drive past for a couple birthdays. A 90 yr old and a 10 yr old. Lots of fun.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Orange pledged her. Why orange you ask? Because lemon attracts bee's....

Reactions: VTXArizona
1541 - 1560 of 1602 Posts