Honda VTX Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1602 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Gave her a blood transfusion. New filter too.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Crossing the Buffalo Peace Bridge into Ontario was no problem - even if it's all shut down to tourists. The Customs guy was so obsessed with Covid he forgot to check the trailer with a VTX1800 inside. Just did a 200-mile bike trip around Muskoka - hitting some choice eateries along the way. Buddy (pictured here) picked up a fully dressed 6cyl, 1800cc Gold Wing - compare the size of his rig to my VTX behind it... wow. The setting here may not look like much but the roads are in fabulous shape and challenging with all the hills & curves. We passed the lake where Kurt Russell and Kevin O'Leary (mr Wonderful) keep cottages. Buddy here is on the phone to his son-in-law, another newly minted biker on a Honda Shadow. We met up near Gravenhurst and completed the trip - always staying below 115 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds like a great plan and will help you and Frank get to know each other ;) Will be watching for a build thread -- best of luck (y)
Tore out some unnecessary wires (LED's and an amplifier) from Ole Frank. Sanded, polished and buffed the 8 degree triple tree...working on the rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Crossing the Buffalo Peace Bridge into Ontario was no problem - even if it's all shut down to tourists. The Customs guy was so obsessed with Covid he forgot to check the trailer with a VTX1800 inside. Just did a 200-mile bike trip around Muskoka - hitting some choice eateries along the way. Buddy (pictured here) picked up a fully dressed 6cyl, 1800cc Gold Wing - compare the size of his rig to my VTX behind it... wow. The setting here may not look like much but the roads are in fabulous shape and challenging with all the hills & curves. We passed the lake where Kurt Russell and Kevin O'Leary (mr Wonderful) keep cottages. Buddy here is on the phone to his son-in-law, another newly minted biker on a Honda Shadow. We met up near Gravenhurst and completed the trip - always staying below 115 mph.
If it’s shut down to tourists, how did you get through?

·
Old Goat
25,138 Posts
Rode it like it was meant to be......:p

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Registered
942 Posts
Took the front wheel in for new rubber.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It's been too hot to ride anyway. Got my new chromed radiator guard on. It was supposed to be for my C, but I bet it was for another model, or a later C. Anyway it was 1/2" wider on either side, but mounted OK to the same 3 bolts. I had fabbed a bracket for my Wolo that sits it right beside the old grille and just had enough clearance to not touch, rattle or rub. Not so with the newer one, so I had to re-fab another bracket to keep it away from the new chrome. Paint is drying now, I'll put it back on tomorrow, and start cleaning her up for the ride to W. by GOD Va. for not this weekend but the following weekend.

Reactions: StarrRider

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
Took the front wheel in for new rubber.
Looks like you need a MC stand.
Does that jack have an electric pump???

·
Registered
942 Posts
Looks like you need a MC stand.
Does that jack have an electric pump???
I don’t often Jack it up, but I should build a stand.

The Jack has a foot pump or can be connected to the air compressor to lift. It’s handy, I can sit on the bike, slide the jack under and then use the compressor to lift it until it is level.

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
A deluxe jack, air over hydraulic!
I have to use some 1/2" plywood for clearance to get the jack in.
It is a balancing act, lean over pull the jack in with right foot, lean over to jack it a few times.
Then I can get off and check the balance. I can see where a pump could be handy.
The lift arms and top have a lot of slack, therefore the urge to build a stand was weighing heavily on my mind.
Most of my stand was made of telco cable rack. A few pieces of EMT conduit. It unbolts to save space.
The original stand builder should have made it as a flat pack to ship.

Attachments

Reactions: smurfy71

·
Registered
942 Posts
A deluxe jack, air over hydraulic!
I have to use some 1/2" plywood for clearance to get the jack in.
It is a balancing act, lean over pull the jack in with right foot, lean over to jack it a few times.
Then I can get off and check the balance. I can see where a pump could be handy.
The lift arms and top have a lot of slack, therefore the urge to build a stand was weighing heavily on my mind.
Most of my stand was made of telco cable rack. A few pieces of EMT conduit. It unbolts to save space.
The original stand builder should have made it as a flat pack to ship.

I put the front wheel on a 2X6, sitting in the bike I slide the jack under and hit the air. Easy peasy. Got it at Princess Auto, Canadian version of Harbor Freight.

That’s a nice stand. Something that folds would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When My homemade 2 x 4 crap stand isn't being used for holding the bike, it doubles as a place for my big ass with a piece of plywood for a seat. Saves wasting floor space for chairs.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Picked the wheel up this afternoon, and reinstalled it. Then reread the manual and installed it again. Had a gap between the fork and the spacer on the left side.

1561 - 1580 of 1602 Posts