Honda VTX Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1601 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Picked the wheel up this afternoon, and reinstalled it. Then reread the manual and installed it again. Had a gap between the fork and the spacer on the left side.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.
Why the gap, you had the spacers on the wrong side at first?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Why the gap, you had the spacers on the wrong side at first?
No, just missed a step. I did the pinch bolts on the left, tightened the axle bolt and then the pinch bolts. I forgot to loosen the left and use the front brake to get things in place.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Noticed some extra vibration in my Batwing the past few rides. Yesterday I washed and polished the X and found the right side bracket was broken at the bottom mount.

Emailed Memphis Shades to see if I can purchase just that part. Did a temp fix today.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Replaced the fuel hose & the 2 crankcase breather hoses. Replaced the carb/airbox o-ring & reinstalled carb.

Gonna call this quarantine project done, until the paperwork comes & clears.

Then I'll look at new tires & maybe new rear brake pads.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've had great experiences with MS replacing the mounting barrel bushing chingadera.

Let me know if they can't help you with the batwing brackets. Maybe I can.

Reactions: smurfy71

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've had great experiences with MS replacing the mounting barrel bushing chingadera.

Let me know if they can't help you with the batwing brackets. Maybe I can.
View attachment 175642

I believe you can. Circled is all I need. I’ll buy the full right side bracket or just the piece I need, or if you are looking to sell it all I’ll take it all. PM me a price brother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I installed a set of Boss MC425BA Bluetooth speakers. I am really pleased with them. They sound good, the install was easy enough and they look great. I used an old bag to hide most of the wiring.

I'm new to the forum, in fact this will be my first post, actually my first post on any forum. You all have already helped me learn so much, and I hope to learn much more.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Today I installed a set of Boss MC425BA Bluetooth speakers. I am really pleased with them. They sound good, the install was easy enough and they look great. I used an old bag to hide most of the wiring. View attachment 175892
View attachment 175893
I'm new to the forum, in fact this will be my first post, actually my first post on any forum. You all have already helped me learn so much, and I hope to learn much more.
Welcome.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Old Glory was looking a little aged. So went bigger..

Reactions: Jim Travis

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
I repacked my baffles and redid the Apache Mod on my V&H quiet baffles.

Man, what a difference! It sounds SOOOOO much better now that it has a bit longer resonating chamber and full fiberglass insulation.

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
This year has been hell for my family. I finished up therapy from my neck surgery, The Wife cut her thumb badly (7 stitches), special needs daughter got hit by a car breaking her leg, I had a stent put in my heart (at least I was told I had a heart). 3 weeks later I broke my wrist moving a file cabinet that fell on me (could have been worse). Since I can't do much with one usable arm/hand I started the X and RSV and just listened to them run for an hour. That is one time I wish I had loud pipes because I like to irritate my neighbors.

I think I am to the point of being able to twist the throttle and soon use the front brake. Even with CV19 I will take a hopefully long ride, maybe a Bun Burner 1500

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yesterday was a big day for my riding club. Our annual rally was to be this weekend and it was cancelled due to C-19. Of the 300 registered attendees, 77 told the host chapter to keep our registration fees and donate it to the charity that was to benefit from our rally, a food bank for baby food and supplies. Over $6000 was raised in a rally that never happened. The donation was presented yesterday.

Locally we had a birthday ride for one of our oldest members, she turned 90 on Friday. She rides regularly on the back of her son’s bike, even a trip to Florida 2 years ago. That’s 24 hours in the saddle from here. 50 bikes showed up and pulled in her driveway to wish her a happy birthday. The picture of her greeting the bikes coming in is me from the back.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
That was a nice turnout for Olive Oyl!
It is great to have honored her! Still kicking at 90!!

Reactions: smurfy71

·
Registered
935 Posts
That was a nice turnout for Olive Oyl!
It is great to have honored her! Still kicking at 90!!
Her son lives next door to her, he says her can’t start the bike without her at the window asking if she can come for the ride.

1581 - 1600 of 1601 Posts