Honda VTX Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

I’ve always had a small analog clock on my bars so I can keep an eye on the time. I’ve had 2 kick the bucket beyond repair, I’m not sure they were built to handle the vibrations. So this time I picked up a clock/voltmeter/temperature gauge (ambient) and hard wired it.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
12,173 Posts
Nephew rode from VA to MS last week convinced him to stop on his way back. Rode up to Waynesville, NC with him. 387 VTX miles today. Longest ride this year for me. One hot day except for places it had rained on previously. Nice and cool, not enough of it!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

I’ve always had a small analog clock on my bars so I can keep an eye on the time. I’ve had 2 kick the bucket beyond repair, I’m not sure they were built to handle the vibrations. So this time I picked up a clock/voltmeter/temperature gauge (ambient) and hard wired it.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.
I'm liking that.

Is this rust?

rusty.JPG

·
Registered
798 Posts
Rode it to Walmart to get glucosamine for the dog and socks for me. Walmart is 2.5 miles away.
I Took the long way, 2 1/2 hours to get there. 😁

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts
Needed to see some water and the Old Man River u got to go thru Memphis ...so drove out in the country to an area impound lake to get my fix....wasn’t surprised at the number of fisher folk....comfortable ride....felt good to saddle up....

Reactions: JAT and Hans&Feet

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Riding to a small gathering in oHIo tomorrow, so checking her out and loading her up. Should be a great weekend, weather-wise. Enjoy Labor Day festivities where available, if not enjoy time with friends and family, where desired.

·
Registered
12,173 Posts

I’ve always had a small analog clock on my bars so I can keep an eye on the time. I’ve had 2 kick the bucket beyond repair, I’m not sure they were built to handle the vibrations. So this time I picked up a clock/voltmeter/temperature gauge (ambient) and hard wired it. Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.
Smurf - you must be near the 50% of the Reserve at 179 miles on the Trip A.
Nice gauge! Time/Temp/Volts! What is the Name?? Not quite readable. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Charity ride today that wasn’t cancelled. 34F when I left this morning, warmed up to 55. That heated vest I bought in the spring is one of my best bike purchases yet. Heated grips are up there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
798 Posts
Crossed the 50K mark on the way to work. Ya, I know, I don't get out much. It's the dogs fault.
Not complaining, She's a keeper!!

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts
Gorgeous morning....was able to throw a leg over....we have this one road once u get to it will take u far out into the country.....once ther road some 2-lanes and decided to take the X-way back..( I enjoy riding it) set the X on 75 locked the Madco and headed for memphis....plenty of bikes going the other way (towards Nashville) and I envied each and everyone of them...even the ones that didnt wave.... ✌.. never ceases to amaze me how well a 14 year old bike still Chits and Git’s...

Reactions: VTX1300 OK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rode the VTX to work the first time in 2 years! Now that she's running good, need to put some miles on her! Supposed to rain here on Saturday.....but Sunday is clear, calm and in the 70's, Good riding weather!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Took my daughter for a ride through the backroads of Boyd and Lawrence County Kentucky.

She is home from college due to in-person class cancellations.

She gave the new Mustang Seat and new sissy bar her approval.

She now wants me to teach her how to ride it. She has never ridden a motorcycle before and I would prefer to start her on something lighter than my VTX1300.

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts
Rode the chit out of it again today (see #1,641)...hope it becomes a habit...🤞✌

Reactions: jescates

·
Registered
27 Posts
Changed out spark plugs, adjusted AF screw out 2 turns, pulled speedo cluster off and put some cotton in the high beam indicator tube, put some electrical tape around the speedometer lens to get rid of the irritating cicada noise. Then put it all back together and went for a ride!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Blood transfusion.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

1601 - 1620 of 1627 Posts