Honda VTX Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1751 Posts

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Well first I did one of my favorite things…I rode my VTX….then I did another favorite thing…I drank beer while I looked at my VTX…then I did another favorite thing …I drank beer,smoked a bowl all while looking at my VTX…today was a good day to be me..hope u folks had a good one…
Fantastic...always a good thing when you can mount back up. Hope you're doing well.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Rode all morning since i knew this weekend is going to be busy for the holiday, Glad i did. filled her up, came home.
Bike performed very well, gave it a pat and said a few nice things to it. 😄

·
Old Goat
26,190 Posts
Fantastic...always a good thing when you can mount back up. Hope you're doing well.
yeah it was a good day all around…mind u I did all the recreateing ( southern ebonics means to have a good time) after I parked the bike….lol

Reactions: SUMDATX and MR VTX

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put a $20 air cushion seat on last week and it seems to help. Between that and the Risers I'm feeling much better riding.

Took a nice ride yesterday , Route 23 in Catskill's by Hunter Mountain and off some side roads. 75 degrees, little wind, NICE day! After 3 1/2 hours and back, took it for a ride again. I just wasn't done yet :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I rode, or tried... they had the main road in Tonto shut down due to traffic and safety concerns turned into a ZOO.
Saw an opening and pulled a u-turn without need for any negotiation, got the hell out of there.

Funny cause the traffic was light until that point. Stopped at the store then came home. Bike is camping out in the tent, may get a camp stove for it.... just kidding 😀

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Rode yesterday much better, nice and open where i could open it up, checked out the whole area. Temps were pushing 100 degrees by 1pm. So stopped at grocery store and headed home. Bags can hold a lot on this bike.

Time of year to get-up early to ride, be on the road by 7am, doing the conversion now with my sleep habits.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A good 2 hour cleaning of the bike. It was a mess with all this pollen and some long rides the past week. Took off saddle bags and cleaned and conditioned. Hosed it down in the rain, suds etc..... then put it back into the garage for drying and polishing. Detailed some surface rust off some areas. Now I want to go for a ride but, not in the rain. After all this hard work? No way!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Things went right, got up early (4:30am) had coffee and was on the road by 6:15am. Was going to wash the bike but rode instead, Should wash it this weekend when i wouldn't want to go up there anyway.
Temperature was perfect 78-80 degrees a little cooler the higher i went. Talked bikes with a guy getting gas.

Few phone pics

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Did you actually buy that bag of dirt and transport it on the bike? Gag pic right?
Gag pic---NO. This is real.
The 2cu feet Garden soil bag was tied down with 1200 lb pull strength pull tape
used to pull fiber cable through a 1.25" ID duct. They also blow air into the duct
to reduce friction. It is light in weight, easy to undo my excessive knots.

Attachments

Reactions: Cjopr147

·
Registered
108 Posts
Today the VTX was a mule. 2 cu ft Garden soil was my load.
I gotta say Hans&feet your definitely committed to riding your motorcycle 👍Way to enjoy the ride and get the projects done🙂

Reactions: Hans&Feet

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Gag pic---NO. This is real.
The 2cu feet Garden soil bag was tied down with 1200 lb pull strength pull tape
used to pull fiber cable through a 1.25" ID duct. They also blow air into the duct
to reduce friction. It is light in weight, easy to undo my excessive knots.
lol, thanks for confirming. I had to ask because i've seen some strange things carried on a motorcycle...,
some of them were people... 😁

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Look at this pic in Zoom mode (or open in new window then Click)

I caught a vintage motorcycle on film, any idea what model bike it is?

Moreover, it's being ridden by a Garden Gnome 😂

Here, i zoomed it.. Norton? Garden Gnome? 😁

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Triumph Twin... Right side chain drive.
Resembles a 900cc Triumph America I rode in 2012 for a few weeks in Germany and Austria.

Reactions: DrDolittle
1701 - 1720 of 1751 Posts