Honda VTX Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1960 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I got some Red Rubber Grease and applied a coating to the rubber grommets that the plastics plug into. this grease is pretty thick and very tacky so I'm not worried about it going anywhere. It makes it easier to insert the plugs from the plastic covers and there is still more than enough friction to keep them in.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Yes, getting back to normal.
Today is the coolest day for the next few days at 100 degrees although it said "feel like temp" is 105. Starting to get to me all this sitting inside... should have got up early to ride today. I'm itching to do stuff to the bike but this heat stops me from getting excited about it. :cautious:

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,235 Posts
New oem front brake pads.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
2002 VTX 1800R
14 Posts
Decided to try and find a cheaper alternative to the radiantz brake light since even the inspection guy could barely tell my stock brake lamp bulb was on during the day time. Pics don't quite do it justice as you can't stare directly into it when's its on, part number if anyones interested, get the red one (1157-xHP28-T-RVB). Much better than stock bulb for only $8 bucks considering some halogens cost this, just hope it lasts.

Stock on left split (Left pic - running light, right pic - brake applied)
Led on right image rated at 550 lumens ((Left pic - running light, right pic - brake applied)

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Hello Phil, good to see you took a ride!
Nice place to stop!
Also nice that the high 90's temps are gone for the time being.
Shelby Farms ….largest urban park in USA…4500 acres of biking ,fishing,hiking,kayaking and a buffalo herd…and a Rails to Trails …that almost loops the city….lol

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Wow, huge park. Were you near the Hyde Lake boat launch area?
I saw maybe two places that put you close to the lake.
Another point just further to the right.
Other end of the lake…
Water resources Map Land lot Urban design Residential area

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Phil, I looked at that parking lot, looked like it was too far away from the water.
How about the Buffalo herd?
I circled the Buffalo habitat and the X is main entrance….the parking lot is more for overflow,
Map Ecoregion Natural environment Urban design Terrestrial plant

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,235 Posts
Stopped on the way home from work and filled the tank, then a quick stop at Home Depot to grab a couple things. I cam out and noticed a couple drops of gas on my left floorboard, directly below the petcock.

When I got home I took a good look and found the nut that holds the petcock to the tank was loose. I turned it finger tight, a good number of turns and then took the wrench to it. It’s goodintight now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Stopped on the way home from work and filled the tank, then a quick stop at Home Depot to grab a couple things. I cam out and noticed a couple drops of gas on my left floorboard, directly below the petcock.

When I got home I took a good look and found the nut that holds the petcock to the tank was loose. I turned it finger tight, a good number of turns and then took the wrench to it. It’s goodintight now.

Hey smurfy71, I had the same thing happen to me the other day, about a week after I had ran over 1380miles I was filling it up and was leaking in the same place, tightened it finger tight till I got home then 1/2 turn with a wrench. Been over a week and no leaks.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Rode her and filled her up last night! I know, I know, not a big accomplishment. LOL
But I don't get to ride often these days due to my medical condition.
So I rode across town to pick up some primers. Was thinking on the way back that it's good I don't smoke my cigars on the bike.
Dropping the lit cigar in a saddle bag would turn my big fat dresser into a crotch rocket, literally. :D :D :D
Had a good ride on a cool evening (only 90F) and enjoyed it very much.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Groceries delivered at 7:30am (Amazon Fresh), Then took a long needed ride, screw the heat i have to ride, it was 7-28 for my last Ride! 😡

So I rode the heck out of the bike racked up 65 miles, on the full tank. Very nice. Came home let it cool a bit while i cooled inside then checked the Oil and Coolant and Brake pads, ALL good.. 😁

Couple three pics from Todays ride:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Trailered my VTX upstate 10 days ago because I was going to be there for ........well 10 days+. U-Haul open trailer, $103 for 2 days. I couldn't see leaving it home and I needed the pickup with me. Didn't want to miss out on some nice mountain runs. Pouring rain all the way there with my big rear tires kicking up rain and dirt the whole way all over the bike, I don't own a cover. What a mess! But since I was on vacation I just gave it a quick wipe and rode it dirty for a couple weeks. Back home and today is the day to clean. I'm taking the saddle bags off, seat, shield etc.....and doing a long, slow, good cleaning. Retirement gives me the time to do this. :)

1901 - 1920 of 1960 Posts