Honda VTX Forum banner
1921 - 1940 of 1960 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah I don't think that the S & R Models would fit in an 8 ft trailer. I know I rented a 9-foot open Uhaul trailer last year and it was kind of tight. I have a 12 ft enclosed that I normally use but I had loaned it to my father at the time.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If I remember correctly the 1300 R/S/T models are 8.5 ft from fender tip to fender tip. Some of the U-haul open trailers are actually bigger than their measurement because they have the V-notch on the tongue, making more room for motorcycles.

I have an open 6x12 trailer, got it after my R wouldn't fit my 4x8.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Second time my phone blasted out an alert in the last few days..... Flash Flood Alert :cautious:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm glad I did my clean-up yesterday. Took an hour ride this morning and headed home. Hell wit it! The humidity is thru the roof today. I'm going to net surf in the A/C today. :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'm glad I did my clean-up yesterday. Took an hour ride this morning and headed home. Hell wit it! The humidity is thru the roof today. I'm going to net surf in the A/C today. :)
Where are you from?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Bled the rear brakes and changed the brake pads Saturday after taking an errand ride, working nicely. It had been raining cats and dogs in the days prior.
Yesterday i rode again, much cooler and humid 79/75 Rain/Humidity early in the morning (like 6:00am). Summer has me keeping the helmet upside down to get some air when i stop.

I liked it. Few pics

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Got in the habit of keeping track of my rides, mostly folders that hold pics. Nice to log. It's mostly complete., don't count "errand rides", like the day b4 yesterday. Ride 8-16-21 is actually 8-15-21 which i've corrected

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Wiped it down and cleaned the windshield real good.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Took a ride this a.m. early like 6:30 am. Temp was 77 degrees when i left humidity was 61%, felt good riding. low fuel light came on at the furthest point in the ride, ended up 157 on the tank. Stopped at the store for some pastries then filled the tank, came home with about 2 mi on the tank.

Below is a pic of the automatic trip meter window opening when the low fuel light comes on, starting to count the miles into the .98 gal reserve. It's called "Trip F", which you only see when fuel light comes on.

Few pics

·
Registered
2002 VTX 1800s
20 Posts
I installed Kisan SignalMinder on my Honda VTX 1800S.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Took an errand ride, took the long way.. I think it was only 7 or 8 miles :oops: It was HOT but still fun.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Took a ride up to the "woods" Hot and humid this a.m.. Got out of there before the Weekenders started showing up.
Stopped on the way home got Milk and yes, pastries... I say pastries because they are NOT doughnuts. :cool:;)😁

It was weird. never seen it before, Caterpillars crawling all over the road. Thousands of them :oops:🤯

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
50 Posts
I discovered that there are four different in-line fuses under my seat and all attached to the hot and ground battery posts. I'm putting in an aftermarket waterproof 6 place fuse block. Of course, after a week of rain, we have bright sunshine now that it's all apart.

1921 - 1940 of 1960 Posts