Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little black box (2"X3") came out from under the seat of an '02 1800 C. It has two green wires at one end and a black wire at the other end. One of the green wires was spliced into a wire on the bike, that's all. The black wire and second green wire were not hooked to anything. I am not the one that removed it so at this time I do not know what wire on the bike it was tapped into. There is no label or markings of any kind. It was not mounted or tied down, just sitting on the battery cover.

So, can somebody tell me, is it a genuine thing-a-ma-bob or just a do-hicky? Who made it and what was it supposed to be doing under there? :yikes:

·
Registered
910 Posts
This little black box (2"X3") came out from under the seat of an '02 1800 C. It has two green wires at one end and a black wire at the other end. One of the green wires was spliced into a wire on the bike, that's all. The black wire and second green wire were not hooked to anything. I am not the one that removed it so at this time I do not know what wire on the bike it was tapped into. There is no label or markings of any kind. It was not mounted or tied down, just sitting on the battery cover.

So, can somebody tell me, is it a genuine thing-a-ma-bob or just a do-hicky? Who made it and what was it supposed to be doing under there? :yikes:
it could be a government tracking device.......have you noticed any black helicopters flying around?

if you have it inside your house they could be listening to everything say, write, and think:yikes:

if I were you, I'd wrap some aluminum foil around your head immediately to block out the rays

·
Registered
295 Posts
My 02 1800C does not have one on it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

might have something to do with "extra" lights ???:shock::shock:

then again ..im nobrain surgon...from this pick..the wires are a heavy guage..

the black could be either power or ground in..the two greens are power out...to whatever..
it could be...

did bike have extra lights on it..pods..etc..i think its a light module

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
How are you and your wife/girlfriend getting along?
Have you made any enemies at work?
Looks like an IED to me!
Just to be safe, DON'T MOVE IT!
Call your local PD, they'll send out the bomb squad.
In case you don't heed my advice, it's been nice knowin' ya.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Its a blapulator control modual.That regulates your bike going blap blap blap.:thumbup:

Really cant tell you what it is?:confused:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Now thats funny..........
I had one just like that a year ago and left it on the bike..........
Had to have a testicle removed last week...
I got it in a jar on the shelf in my bedroom........... it glows at night.
Drycreek

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Looks like a power commander...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yep.... It's one of them...

Seriously I dont know what it is. Best guess is take it to the bike shop and ask them. Good luck

Moon

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just can't stand it any longer! I gotta have one of those whadyacallit thing's for my bike..... Ironhorse, name your price and I'll have the wife send ya out one of her check's tomorrow!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not stock...
Looks like an aux. light relay....LEDs, tag or running lights.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That thar thang is a genyoowine whatchamacallit.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Does the black cover come off? I would start picking at it until it is totally destroyed and then keep it just in case I needed it for something some other time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like a pool table light modulator. :lol: :dontknow: :lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Kind of looks like a light modulator to make the brake light flash when the brakes are applied. I think you might find a picture of one on the HDL website , I think it's a "Back Off" rear brake modulator. It's too small to be a Power Commander besides it doesn't have enough wires coming from it for that.
JMHO

·
Registered
495 Posts
Im thinking that it could be a headlight modulator, with the heavy wires for a heavier load and the headlight would be about the heaviest load for current as there is on a bike.:popcorn:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd put it in a vice and squish it a little untill it cracks. Then pry it open with a screwdriver. I bet that is has a printed ciruit board in there. If it does, then there you go.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
542 Posts
It is an alarm that goes off if you try and put tank trim on your bike. In some states, tank trim is a felony. Punishable for up to 10 years.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
it could be a government tracking device.......have you noticed any black helicopters flying around?

if you have it inside your house they could be listening to everything say, write, and think:yikes:

if I were you, I'd wrap some aluminum foil around your head immediately to block out the rays
Yea, What he said !:agree::thumbup::popcorn::dontknow:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts