Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Santa brought me a new Frog Toggs Rain suit and 4 new Mini maglights one of every color. And my daughters car with no brakes!
Already had :
New set of Metzler ME880's (installed)
New Shock bushings (installed) McMasters Carr
New All Balls Steering head Bearings (not installed)
All required tools for a valve adjustment (not complete)

Unfortunately no brakes takes presidence over MC maintenance and Mods.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Santa Wife gave me a red Craftsman lift and a battery tender because I was a very good boy (in my humble opinion).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Picked up a set of Duds forwards to try, a set of 'ROSAs plates to do the pair and going to have BornonFire do the BLUE speedo light & High beam deal for me. Huh, I guess Santa didn't bring too much but I will call it X-mas anyway.8)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Green LED kit. Going to finish installing it today.

·
Registered
843 Posts
santa brought me the yellow craftsman jack and a new helmet and a guardian bell... now alls i need is for the 4 + feet of snow to go away so i can ride...i wish santa would have brought me a snowblower:(

·
Registered
473 Posts
My daughter gave me a doo rag as a gag gift........it's red and white :doorag: like this icon. She said it was a gag gift, but I told her I was going to ride to her house with it on!!! Of course, she said "NO WAY"!!!

I got some money to buy something for my bike, but had to use half of it on a new cordless drill......mine died right before CHRISTmas. I had to have it since I sell and install window blinds as a side job. I can also just sell them and ship them anywhere in the U.S. if anyone needs any. I don't mean for this to sound like a sales pitch.....just letting you know.

Probably the best news of all for the season was the little boy we are fostering, his mother signed away her rights and CPS is working up the papers for us to adopt him!!!! I couldn't have asked for anything better.

With the rest of the money, I'll probably get a solo rack for my 1300C.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
LRP, as an adoptive parent of two, let me congratulate you on that good news. The adoptive part goes away really quickly. They are our children, and that's the way it is. I hope the process goes quickly for you. God Bless you and your growing family.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Saddle bag brackets and bags from leather up and a garmin GPS in case I get lost, ;). Will be nice for longer rides.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far I have treated myself two weeks ago. I sold my HK 3" and bought VH cruizer pipes, sold my Kury highway pegs for Cobra fatty highway bars, Got a MS fatty 21 shield, and ISO wings pegs. All that 2 weeks ago!!:D Now I will be using the discount for DLP parts. Steering bearings, steelbraided braking lines, ISO grips, and maybe kury turn signal lens. Who know's....the list never ends:cool::cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Christmas gift

Mrs. Santa gave me a gift certificate for thew local bike parts supplier so I can get my Cobra fatty freeway bars. woohoo!:lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pipes

Hey VTXROSA, How do you like those cruiser pipes compared to the HK3's. I have the HK3"s and thought they were a little loud. But other people have said they sound good. Just thought I would ask since you swapped out.:?:

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey VTXROSA, How do you like those cruiser pipes compared to the HK3's. I have the HK3"s and thought they were a little loud. But other people have said they sound good. Just thought I would ask since you swapped out.:?:
I bought the X back in May '08 with the pipes. I liked the looks of the HK 3's. At first they were loud. But I got use to them. But when my girlfriend and I go on long trips to the beach (3-4 hr ride). Our ears are ringing alittle. So I didn't want to go back to stock, and found MrBill selling his, Thanks, Bill!!!. They have a deeper sound at idle and not as loud where twisting the throttle. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
ppipes

I appreciate thje info VTXROSA. Like I said, they do tend to get a little loud and i was thinking of changing them out. I just wasn't sure of what I was going to go with. And with the price of some of them I really didn't want to make an expensive mistake. :shock: At least now i have a better idea. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Big Yellow Sears Jack, Bike cover, mechanics stool, case of Synth oil, Avon tires. Just have to get my son's bike out of the way so I can work on mine.:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Got heated grips, my duds are warm enough and stay warm down to 20 degrees EXCEPT for my hands. Planned on replacing my grips with Kewlmetal grips in the Spring anyway. These will be my Winter grips and will have those Kewl grips for the other 3 seasons. :doorag:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally got my Memphis Shades 21" Fats, a chrome tail light cover, and a few little chrome pieces for the fuel shut off (plate and knob) and the choke cover from Big Chrome. Everything is already installed. Now I'm just waiting for all this snow to go away so I can ride!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts