Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pre-listing wash? When you puttin' it up? The cleanest they'll ever be, is when you put it up for sale, be it house or bike.

Looks nice.
Thanks ,got good news from Dr.s....so I’m keeping it...I don't know that I really ever intended to let it go...lol...not worth that much and I dont need the money....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks ,got good news from Dr.s....so I’m keeping it...I don't know that I really ever intended to let it go...lol...not worth that much and I dont need the money....
Wow, even nicer... last i heard you said you were selling, otherwise i wouldn't have said that, about a week ago as i recall.
Just ride when you feel up to it and take it easy.

I say the same to myself, but today i did not take it easy...lol I rode like an escaped felon 😁 I must have past 15 or 20 cars like they were standing still.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
If you're energetic, I'll put a big steak on if you drop by and do kine too.

Seriously though, looks great Tenn. Ride it safely, enjoy every second.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
AS much as I hate that eventually this bike will have to sit the rest of my life...mostly gonna keep it just for the bragging rights....I know most of us take care of our things....but I cant believe how good it looks /runs at 15 years old and 56K....I didnt get to ride the chit out of it as planned...lol...but its been fun....lol...and them short runs aint over;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Went for a ride this afternoon, stopped at a bar, some live music was playing, it was a cloudy, not supposed to rain, but it did very lite for a little while just enough to dirty my bike, It looks like I'll be washing and cleaning my bike also tomorrow.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your bike looks great. Please tell me the type of cleaning agents you like to use. I am new to this group as I just purchased an 04, 1800N.
I use regular car wash soap and honda polish...I wash the bike from the tank down..I try to keep water off the electronics.....in between cleanings...I use a swiffer duster ...u should go to intriductions and post and start your own thread on bike cleaning as their are guys on here a lot more OCD than me...good luck with the Beast 1800N....

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use regular car wash soap and honda polish...I wash the bike from the tank down..I try to keep water off the electronics.....in between cleanings...I use a swiffer duster ...u should go to intriductions and post and start your own thread on bike cleaning as their are guys on here a lot more OCD than me...good luck with the Beast 1800N....
Thanks TennX....

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Y'all want to clean mine next? It's been neglected. I ride it more often than I drive my car. (unless it rains)
So I don't have the downtime to clean her. Especially the aluminum wheels.
Come one down to TX, I got beer! :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hey, Tennx is an older gent as we all know, we should be washing his bike for him and we could clean his driveway for him too!

Yeah, let's ALL ride to Tenn!

Yeah 👷‍♀️🕵️‍♀️👨‍⚖️👨‍💼👨‍🦰👲🧔👷‍♂️👮‍♀️👩‍🌾💁‍♂️👱👨‍🦱👴🧓👩‍🦲👨‍🦲🤵🕵️‍♂️💂‍♂️

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Y'all want to clean mine next? It's been neglected. I ride it more often than I drive my car. (unless it rains)
So I don't have the downtime to clean her. Especially the aluminum wheels.
Come one down to TX, I got beer! :)
Not that this is u...but anytime I see somebody out on a dirty bike....I envy the chit out of them ,cause their riding and not cleaning ...Ive seen some nasty ass beaters that I know mechanically would get u to Cali and back...lol..
as for the beer ...I’m one of those guys that use to make the run down for Coors...until I got a taste of LoneStar...

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, Tennx is an older gent as we all know, we should be washing his bike for him and we could clean his driveway for him too!

Yeah, let's ALL ride to Tenn!

Yeah 👷‍♀️🕵️‍♀️👨‍⚖️👨‍💼👨‍🦰👲🧔👷‍♂️👮‍♀️👩‍🌾💁‍♂️👱👨‍🦱👴🧓👩‍🦲👨‍🦲🤵🕵️‍♂️💂‍♂️
Funny u should mention the driveway...even though the pic shows the carport...the main drive is fugly....I hired a couple of 15 year olds that got a thriving pressure washing business...lol...

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Funny u should mention the driveway...even though the pic shows the carport...the main drive is fugly....I hired a couple of 15 year olds that got a thriving pressure washing business...lol...
i thought of suggesting just that at one point i STG...

only cause grease and oil scare the crap out of me on a bike.....

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i thought of suggesting just that at one point i STG...

only cause grease and oil scare the crap out of me on a bike.....
Those stains date back to my Daddy...I keep a clean shop...and no greasy floors....lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts