Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my cool, new vtx 2004 1800C and I want to have an engine guard/highway peg combo plus I am looking for the best way to reduce the reach to the grips (either different handlebars or replace the riser). I have found a few options on line, but all have mixed reviews (ie work great, but painful to install or took three shipments to get the right bits or needed to grind or cut stuff off or needed to replace cables... etc etc).

I want to reduce the reach but keep the stock cables.

Any advice? Is there another formum I should be posting this in?

thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
While I agree that Lindby makes the best looking highway bar, and I've got one on my bike, keep in mind that it is mostly there for looks. They include a disclaimer with the bars stating that they are not "crash" bars, and will not provide support should you drop it.

That being said, I love the look, and they do make a great highway pegs.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ditto on the National Cycle bars. I have the Rivco risers.

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
I don't have bars but do have the Aeromach risers. The Aeromach risers are excellent. The provided the extra reach I needed and reduced the nagging pain in my upper back I would get. The were easy to install. Just remember to put a thick towel on your tank.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Gol116 those don't look like linby's, are they? I too have been looking for engine guards and like the cobra faty's, bu tthye don;t seem to be made for the 1800C. I like Gol116's, got a link? Scott

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Yak Fishin Fool said:
Gol116 those don't look like linby's, are they? I too have been looking for engine guards and like the cobra faty's, bu tthye don;t seem to be made for the 1800C. I like Gol116's, got a link? Scott
No I don't have the Linby's, the one that I have I bought off ebay for $50 bucks, they are MC Crash bars, I don't know how well they will do for crash, I mostly bought them so I could put my Kury foot rest on them. but here is a link for the ones I Have, again, I bought new off ebay... good price... here you go..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... VTX_1800_C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts