Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many posts on here stating that some guys have had their VTX up to 100 mph etc. I was wondering, what is the fastest speed limit where you live ???

We have VTX members from all over the world. My guess is that Germany would have some large limits ?????

In Alabama, the max is 70 mph on the interstate.

Bama

·
Registered
313 Posts
Gee bama, I thought you knew!

The speed limit is determined by the proximity of the nearest L.E.O.
:twisted:

JK

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Gee bama, I thought you knew!

Bouxdaddy said:
The speed limit is determined by the proximity of the nearest L.E.O.
:twisted:

JK
L.E.O. ??? L.E.O. ??? L.E.O. ??? L.E.O. ???
What does L.E.O. stand for ???

Duh, I'm so stupid........... L.E.O. = "Law Inforcement Offiser" :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
In Montana I think the limit is "reasonable and constant" or something like that.
Any Montana members know for sure?
The interstate in Washington is 70mph in a few places.

Dave

·
Registered
759 Posts
I belive Montanna has instated actual limits now and are the same as the 75mph limits here in WY. On a two lane road here it is 65mph, but I have met LEO's at much faster without being ticketed, so I guess it just depends as to how lucky you are feeling.

George

·
Registered
148 Posts
montana had no daytime speed limit from 95 - mid 99, but now is 70mph.

·
Registered
284 Posts
NV has 75 also on many major roads

Germany has no general limit on the highway (Autobahn) :) - but in many areas it is restricted to 120km/h mainly because of noise, but sometimes also as a pretense(for traffic saftety and enviromental reasons) mostly in areas with liberal/green regional governments.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Actually I believe Montana is 75 on Interstates. Wash is 70 , so's Idaho, and Oregon is 65... 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
fastest i seen here is 75 on i-17

·
Registered
14 Posts
its true about the no speed limit in Germany, BUT, those places seem to be getting fewer all the time. i spent 7 years in Germany, (also married a German) and the longer i was there, the more speed limit signs i saw :cry:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
SD is 75 on interstates & 65 on two lane roads. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
75 mph on I 35 going to Laredo for a while

vtx_cruiser said:
70 mph here in Texas. I've seen some 75 mph limits in New Mexico though.
yeah, 70 in many places outside of big citys, here in Texas...

but I have seen 75mph for cars posted on I 35 south going down to Laredo from San Antonio thru at least one county, maybe more.

TexasCruzer

·
Registered
696 Posts
In the Northern Territory, Australia (AKA the outback) once you get out of a "built up area", there are no restrictions! (at least that was the case 4.5 years ago.)

Whatever speed you are comfortable with, then thats how fast you can go!

Makes for some pretty interesting driving :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I live in Kansas, where the highest is 70mph on Interstates, but I drive on I-44 (Will Rogers Turnpike) in Oklahoma every day for work and the speed limit there is 75mph with a 50mph minimum.

roog

·
Registered
611 Posts
In Florida its 70 on the Turnpike...

But I do know its unlimited in Ohio... ('cause I got a ticket going 95...but the points don't transfer down to Florida...So that means its unlimited as long as you can afford the ticket!!!) hehe!

Rick

·
Registered
874 Posts
Speed Limit

Here in NE. 2 lane=60mph, 4 lane=60mph, 4 lane (controlled access)=65mph, and Interstate(I-80)=75mph...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts