Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Michelin Commander 2

I have been calling local shops about tires and the last one raved about the Michelin Commander 2 - much better longevity and great handling. Has anyone tried the Commander 2?

Thanks,

Xer

·
Registered
182 Posts
anybody here have anything to say about the "Shinko SE890 Journey Touring Radial Motorcycle Tire" for a 1800 C? price tag is great!
I only run Shinko's. Love them. As I stated above, I put 25000-35000 miles a year. I go through 2 sets or sometimes 3 sets. They last, they handle well, and the cost for a set is less than one rear Metzler.:laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Frind has a Gold Wing and after researhing is going with a Car Tire, I have been looking into it also, have not committed yet but close.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I tried to go the cheap route and got front Shinko tire . Never again !!! Super noisy - so noisy I thought my front wheel bearings went bad , replaced them , it was nothing wrong with the old ones . Than I thought it's my break pads , replaced them , still had this super loud noise coming from the front , increasing while breaking . Finally realised it's a pos tire . Handles like crap too comparing to Bridgestones that I usually run - excellent grip even in a worst rain , but it doesn't last long :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a set of Metz's back in Dec. Along with new seals, Progressive springs "1501's" goldwing. All ballz rollers on the tree. Made a huge difference in the ride. I lean deeper in the corners and I have worn out the rear after 11,000 miles. Yes, 7 months and I'm in north Ga. I need a harder tire with excellent grip and a little more than 11k. I ride my R like a sports/touring. Average every other weekend trip is 650-1100 miles and that's usually a 30 hour round trip. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My mech installed the excedra on my 1800r 8 months ago. To replace my Dunlop that was on the bike when I bought her. I may have gotten 4 thou. And I'm in the wear indicator I'm all about the me 888 I have one on the front and love ut

·
Registered
88 Posts
me880 or 888

If you are getting 3 seasons out of a tire that seems pretty good to me. I can stretch it to two seasons sometimes, but a rear tire a year is about average for me. I have the Metzler now. While it does grip well, it is dissapearing fast. If you want tread life it may not be for you. If the E-3 worked for you and you got 3 years out of it why not get it again? Don't try to save a few bucks, it's not worth it in the long run. I figure my life is riding on that one tire. I go cheap on a lot of things I buy, my motorcycle tire is NOT one of them.
me880 or 888

·
Registered
88 Posts
New rear tire cost over 2 grand and a months labor

Well I made up my mind...
Tear the bike down do Progressive new EVOLUTION in motorcycle led design
But use my buddies bike as a test bed first... lol Then while its tore down may as well send tins and fairing off to get a Custom paint job here's a rendering my buddy did Im sure it will change like the Texas weather... Oh BTW Metzeler ME 888 from Summit it said 4 day del.. but now Dec 5th it will ship :serious::frown:but plenty to do till then

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
MNA a tire change is expensive

61 - 76 of 76 Posts